PHC Corporation of North America is a subsidiary of PHC Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, a global leader in development, design, and manufacturing of laboratory equipment for biopharmaceutical, life sciences, academic, healthcare and government markets. Biomedical product lines are now marketed under the PHCbi brand. These products include space-saving and energy-efficient VIP® ECO, TwinGuard® and VIP Series ultra-low temperature freezers, cryogenic and biomedical freezers, pharmacy and high-performance refrigerators, cell culture CO2 and multi-gas incubators, portable autoclaves, Drosophila/plant growth chambers, and cell processing work stations. Website: https://www.phchd.com/us/biomedical/
In this position, reporting to the Regional Director for the West Territory, you will be a valued member of the North-American sales team. You will be given the opportunity to identify, develop, and maintain existing business relationships within the area. You will be actively managing an independent agent network including regular product reviews with Chanel partners and key account customers. You must have the ambition and drive to continuously deliver results and exceed expectations to assist the company in gaining U.S. market share. Since you will be covering a large territory in Southern California, you must be a road warrior and overnight travel up to 30-40% will be required.
Achieves monthly, quarterly, annual sales targets by:
- Respond to customer and channel sales requests within 24 hours.
- Regularly travel to client sites (at least 3 days a week).
- Conduct product training for customers, employees.
- Utilize CRM sales tools to manage the sales process.
- Prepare CRM weekly sales to call reports and update database as required.
- Prepare pipeline sales report including open quotes and closed quote status.
- Develop and understand sales plans and objectives and proactively develop plans to achieve sales goals.
- Understand and address both business and scientific needs of customers by engaging in meaningful dialog to determine customer needs.
- Determine how PHCNA can address customer needs.
- Determine the best channel of distribution to meet customer needs.
- Design and follow up on special quotations.
- Monitor competitors pricing, promotion strategy and report back to the Manager and Product Development Department.
- Prepare quarterly PowerPoint presentation for internal sales meetings.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for regional meetings as needed.
- Prepare special pricing requests for large projects.
- Organize Lunch and Learns at Key Accounts for ULT’s/CO2’s and focused products and customer programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Competitive compensation package and company car.
- Excellent benefits including 401K with company match, Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance.
- Great career opportunity with a growing company.
- Working from your home office.
- Bachelors’ degree in science or technical focus.
- 3 Years minimum direct sales experience with demonstrated sales results, including effective management of different sales channels.
- Sales of capital equipment or capital purchases or equivalent.
- Familiar with the market and businesses utilizing biomedical capital equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Match equipment solutions to customer needs.
- Selects the best procedure for identifying the problem, and modifying an existing solution, if necessary.
- Provides clear and written communications to sell products, communicate facts, and answer questions
- Communicates with one or more people at a time in occasionally unpredictable contexts (e.g., meetings with unfamiliar people), using a wide range of formats and styles, and dealing with conflict when necessary.
- Must reside within the Southern California territory.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must have a working home office conducive to conducting business professionally on the telephone and computer with minimal supervision.
- This position may require you to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time when visiting customers, in meetings and/or at (trade) shows.
- May need to lift to 40 pounds and be able to move large lab equipment that is on casters.
- Overnight travel up to 40% is required.