On behalf of our client, Bluestone Metals and Chemicals, we are currently seeking a National Sales Manager. This is an excellent career opportunity for a motivated high achiever with solid sales experience within the specialty metals & chemicals industry. Depending on the candidate’s experience, the position is based at the company’s main U.S. office location in Mooresville, NC.
Bluestone Metals & Chemicals is the global distribution arm of the Specialty Metals Resources group. It is supplying high-quality products (Metals & Chemicals) of Cobalt, Nickel, Tungsten, Iodine, Bismuth, Manganese, Selenium, Zirconium, Antimony, Rare Earth, etc.
Products which are widely used in various industries such as Glass, Ceramics, Pigments, Catalyst, Animal Feed, Powder Metallurgy, Agriculture, Surface Finishing, Paints & coating, Pharma and other specialty chemicals applications. The company’s offices & warehouses are spread on a global scale with permanent locations in North America, Europe & Asia.
Company website: https://www.bluestonemc.com/
As the National Sales Manager, you will initiate, develop and grow further the business by initiating contact with potential customers within the U.S., identifying their needs, work through the projects, and provide customized solutions and services to meet those needs. At the same time, you will be responsible for providing a high level of sales and service to existing accounts.
The job requires an individual with sales experience within the specialty metals & chemicals industry. This is a great position for an energetic, consultative sales professional with a can-do attitude who can thrive in an independent setting. In this position, you will be the first point of contact for prospects and clients, while utilizing the sales and marketing support from the Mooresville, NC office.
After an initial training period, the ideal candidate can generate conceptual customized quotes and proposals in a highly volatile pricing market.
Our client is not looking for ‘one-time sales’ but to build long-lasting customer relationships. It is, therefore, crucial to be a good problem solver with a holistic view on solution and relationships which includes the solicitation of customer feedback regarding products, services, price, and performance. In order to visit prospects and clients in the large region and attend national and international trade shows and conventions, you can expect to travel up to 40% on average.
- Highly competitive compensation package including benefits and car allowance.
- In this position, you will report directly to the managing director.
- Extensive training and coaching.
- Relocation assistance if needed.
- Great career opportunity with a fast-growing international company.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, preferred in chemicals, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of sales experience in the specialty metals or chemicals industry
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in selling to a few of the following markets: Glass, Ceramics, Pigments, Catalyst, Animal Feed, Powder Metallurgy, Agriculture, Surface Finishing, Paints & coating, Pharma.
- Knowledge of products end-user applications a big plus.
- Ability to create quotes and proposals using mathematical skills in a highly volatile pricing market.
- Entrepreneurship/ Tenacity/ Creativity/ Self Starting.
- Ability to initiate, establish and nurture business relationships.
- Convincing and consultative sales and business development drive.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Work independently and autonomously.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel ~40% on average.