Our client EMAG with global headquarters in Germany, has engaged us in the search for an experienced and ambitious Business Development Manager / National Sales Director, North America. The privately-owned firm has over 3,300 dedicated associates worldwide and is the world’s most important manufacturer of CNC vertical turning machines. EMAG has an outstanding reputation in its industry and is internationally active, to serve the automotive and non-automotive sector. EMAG offers standard and customized solutions for almost any metal cutting application no matter for mass production or medium-size component batches out of one source.
The U.S. headquarters with a team of 95 employees, located in Farmington Hills, MI covers Application Engineering, Sales and Service for the entire U.S. and Canadian market.
In this compelling and exciting position, you will be reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales. You will be responsible for identifying and developing new market segments and for sales of all EMAG Group product lines for the entire U.S. and Canadian market. Furthermore, you will be given the opportunity to lead the Regional Sales Managers, a team of 15+ highly dedicated individuals. You will be managing existing customers as well as developing new accounts and continuously analyzing the market trends. As a member of the Sales team you will play an integral role to further develop the sales strategy to drive future growth.
- Minimum a 4-year University degree in Engineering (mechanical or electrical preferred)
- Strong business development experience in the machine tool industry (experience with identifying and developing new market segments outside of the transportation industry)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in machine tool sales
- Good knowledge and understanding of the metal cutting industry in the U.S.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and cost control
- Experience and ability to present and speak in front of large audiences
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
- Loyal and dependable