- Excited to work for sustainability mobility with innovative electric vehicle charging solutions?
- Goal-oriented and do you feel energized by making a true difference?
Our client, Kempower, is seeking a self-motivated National Product Manager to support the company’s expansion into the US market where it will rapidly build a team and scale its operations to better serve current and future US-based customers. As National Product Manager, you will be responsible for gathering North American market requirements for Kempower’s various customer segments and internal stakeholders. You will coordinate and develop major product roadmaps based on market requirements and manage region-specific features and options. The ideal candidate is an energetic forward-thinking professional who enjoys a fast-paced and fast-growing environment. To be successful in this role you need a strong understanding of EV charging concepts, stakeholders, and North American standards for EV charging. Travel of up to 40% is to be expected, mostly domestic, some international. This position is based at Kempowers US HQ in Durham, NC, and reports to the Director of Markets.
- Define product strategy and roadmaps
- Maintain multiple roadmaps in line with the company vision & strategy
- Deliver differentiated products and solutions to the market that addresses a market need and represents a viable business opportunity
- Responsible for the Go-To-Market plan that includes market problem solving, proposed solution, business plan, priorities, and justification, market positioning, and competitive landscape for each segment
- Gather, manage, and prioritize market and customer requirements together with the Product Management team according to Kempower’s New Product Development process
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop core positioning and messaging, campaigns, presentations, and solution descriptions to support product launch
- Set a strategic direction for the product which aligns with customer needs, business growth, and overall technology strategy
- Own and drive the product lifecycle from design, launch, and development of cross-functional partnerships
- Support and participate in the sales process of significant projects
- Promote a supportive work environment that upholds Kempower’s values of Together, Impact, Integrity, and Courage
What We Expect from You
Your experience & education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field
- 5 years of experience in product management
- Experience working with EV charging concepts and stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of North American market requirements and standards for EV charging
- Robust understanding of customer needs, requirements, technologies, and ability to systemically communicate them for roadmap development
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Skills, Traits & Style
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Affinity to problem-solving, time-management, and multi-tasking
- Team-focused mindset, with great communication and cooperation skills
- A hands-on, open-minded, versatile, enthusiastic can-do attitude while embracing continuous learning
What We Offer Is More Than Just a Job
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of the fast-charging industry, and influence the future of electric transportation
- An open and flexible work culture where everyone’s voices are heard
Kempower is an electric vehicle DC (Level 3) Fast Charging company that designs and manufactures the best DC Fast Charging solutions and services for EVs all over the world. It is headquartered in Lahti, Finland, has a strong foothold in the Nordic countries and Europe, and is now expanding rapidly into the U.S. market. The company primarily serves three segments: charge point operators, fleet operators, and OEMs. Kempower is best known for its user-friendly technology and dynamic and scalable power distribution: ONE Kempower power unit can provide power for up to EIGHT individual charging posts and can be adjusted to the needs of each vehicle.
Its unique charging management system, Kempower ChargEye™, is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, cloud-based system for charge point operators and retailers, bus and truck operators, and off-highway vehicle fleets. When Kempower chargers are connected to the ChargEye™ system, customers can easily monitor, manage, and diagnose the day-to-day operations of both the chargers and vehicles. ChargEye™ ensures that a commercial vehicle fleet is always ready for duty when needed while optimizing energy costs and managing battery health.
The Kempower Power Unit consists of power modules which makes it easily scalable: more modules can be added when demand grows, and power is needed. Moreover, maintaining and servicing the device is much easier compared to traditional chargers, which has a positive effect on charger uptime. For more information and inspiration, visit their website and watch this video.