Our client is a global organization which specializes in plastic welding and lubrication systems. Their projects range from stand-alone systems to customized plant engineering solutions with revenues of $250K+ to $3M respectively. With close to 600 employees worldwide, the company ranks among the top worldwide in its field. Their North American headquarter is located in the Greater Detroit City area.
For an introductory company video please follow this link:
As a National Business Development Manager, you will leverage your existing network within the plastic manufacturing industry to represent our client’s plastic welding product segment in the North American market. Your technical foundation and experience as a technical sales professional have enabled you to establish a proven track record of securing projects by closing deals. You have the unique ability to identify new sales channels, establish rapport with key decision makers, and ultimately win the business of the prospect for your employer.
- Pursue leads and manage all aspects of the sales process, quoting, follow up, negotiating and closing for both new and existing customers.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to develop new markets and new customer base.
- Identify and develop an effective marketing strategy to grow business and push our client’s brand.
- Actively participate in organizing, arranging, and working in our company booth at various trade shows.
- Report to President, sales, growths activity, trends, and projections won and lost opportunities.
- Problem-solver with a systematic approach to working project assignments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Travel as needed to accomplish sales and growth goals. International travel as needed.
- Report to President, sales, growths activity, trends and projections, won and lost opportunities and performance of the Sales Team.
- B.S. degree in the technically relevant discipline or Business Administration
- 10+ years of technical sales experience in relevant industry
- Ability to work under tight schedules and drive projects with high speed
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude and commercial skills (calculation, costing, cost breakdown)
- Willingness and ability to conceptualize how products are made and use knowledge to create Win-Win solutions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical with a problem-solving attitude
- Team spirit and hands-on mindset
- Experience in direct sales, sales support, distribution channel marketing, key- account-management.
- Language skills: English fluent; German in addition would be a plus
- Open minded, intercultural competencies