An exciting newly-created opportunity for a detail-oriented, tech savvy NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER with a demonstrated consultative and strategic sales ability to develop and expand a new line of smart connected surgical instrumentation to OEMs and hospitals.
The National Account Manager is responsible for providing and overseeing the pre-sales and post-sales product application support with a wide audience (engineers group, supply chain, finance and IT) within OEM’s and hospital setting. A critical sub-task will be to provide training and supervision to OEM’s and hospitals demonstrating the cost-savings, ease and value of the technology.
Responsibilities for this role will be to accelerate national revenue and market penetration of our client’s revolutionary new smart tools using IoT technology.
We are not seeking the typical salesperson; you must possess robust interpersonal skills with evidence of teamwork and collaboration, be a self-starter and an independent thinker, with the aptitude to work autonomously. Must possess intellectual capacity to interpret and understand IoT device implantation, data management, and R&D applications.
Crucial to the position is ability to demonstrate aptitude and success in fostering value-based relationships and understanding of internal supply chain processes, Operation Room (OR) Protocol and Evaluation process in an OEM and hospital setting.
Established in 2000, our client is an international leader in the development and manufacturing of surgical instruments and implants in Orthopedics with production facilities located Europe, Asia and North America (Alabama, Wisconsin).
Following a recent acquisition in North America, our client is expending its market share by introducing IoT technology, transforming surgical instruments and kits into connected smart tools. This innovation leverages smart sensor technology to enable data-powered solutions that improve patient outcomes and drive operational efficiencies for OEMs and Hospitals.
With over 800 employees and projected 2018 revenues of approximately $120 million, our client is now a premiere engineering powerhouse, capable of delivering manufacturing solutions anywhere, at any time, to the benefit of medical device organizations worldwide.
- Minimum five (5) years medical sales experience interacting with OEMs and direct selling experience to physicians and hospitals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Biology, Business Administration, Sales or equivalent.
- Proven Project Management experience (PMP). Certification a plus.
- Know-how of the orthopedics market, data management, robotics, digital and IoT a plus.
- Experience as a Certified Scrub Technician, Surgical LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or RN (Registered Nurse) would be a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, ensuring projects’ steps and milestones, dealing with conflicts resolution while maintaining overall projects’ progress.
- Out of the box thinker and creative mind capable to adapt pitch and arguments to the audience (engineers, CFO, CIO, supply chain group).
- Excellent communicator and listener dealing with clients while promoting product offer.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and translate them into easy-to-relate solutions.
- Commercial engineer with an excellent know-how of medical devices supply chain ecosystem from the point of distribution (OEMs) to the point of use (hospitals).
- Experience dealing with hospital sterilization centers, nurses, distributors, asset management group, a plus.
- Comfortable with data management and ERP systems.
- Willing to travel domestically (up to 50%).
Competitive compensation (base & bonus) & Benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plan).