On behalf of our client, WEENER PLASTICS, we are currently seeking a mold setup technician for their location in Wilson, NC. This is an excellent opportunity for a manufacturing professional with injection molding processing experience.
Weener Plastics is a full-service global supplier of innovative plastic packaging solutions, with a strong focus on the functionalities DISPENSING, CONTAINING, and CLOSING. The company designs, develops, and manufactures added value Caps, Closures, Roll-on Balls, Jars, and Bottles for the Personal Care, Food & Beverage, and Home Care markets.
Headquartered in The Netherlands, the company employs about 4,700 people and has 29 facilities in 19 countries worldwide. Their U.S. location is in Wilson, NC. Company website: https://www.wppg.com/
In this position, you will be reporting to the maintenance manager and be responsible for the setup and startup of injection molds to ensure the successful execution of production activities.
- Provide Technical Leadership in plastic injection molding to meet plastic enclosure requirements & assure ongoing part quality at competitive costs.
- Set up, start up, and change over production jobs in injection molding machines consistent with process control capabilities.
- Use proper process procedure documentation for performing routine setup functions and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot process, machine, and auxiliary equipment.
- Assist with repair procedures and preventive maintenance for injection molding machines and assembly equipment.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency.
- Support and adhere to all system procedures and company policies/procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Follow all safety regulations.
- Report all accidents or near misses.
- Any other tasks that may be necessary to meet the production schedule in a safe and efficient manner.
- Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance or related degree or minimum 2 years of plastic injection molding, processing, or setup, and troubleshooting experience
- Mechanical background – repair/troubleshooting experience highly preferred
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer, reading, math, and comprehension skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and work procedures.
- Must be a team player.