Our client, Kamstrup, is seeking an innovative Market Product Manager, to help futureproof the strategy for Kamstrup’s water business and product portfolio in the U.S. Kamstrup, founded in Denmark in 1949, is a global leading manufacturer of intelligent metering solutions for energy and water consumption. There is a steep increase in market demand for Kamstrup’s innovative and intelligent solutions. The ideal candidate will get a thrill from being part of a truly innovative, award-winning and fast-growing company that invests massively in R&D. For more info and inspiration, watch this video and visit www.kamstrup.com
A Job Where You’ll Connect Current Market Trends & Needs w/ Long-term Product Portfolio Success
The Market Product Manager will be a key member of the company’s US/Danish Portfolio Management & Sales Support function within the Water division. Together with your team members you will be laser focused on developing a strategy to futureproof the strategy for Kamstrup’s water business and product portfolio. You’ll be collaborating closely internally with Kamstrup’s sales and development organization and externally with customers and industry experts, gathering market information, analyzing trends and identifying opportunities. The knowledge gathered will be used to provide business case input and build a competitive strategy and implementation plan, contributing to Kamstrup’s goal of becoming the world’s leading supplier of intelligent metering solutions for energy and water consumption.
What You’ll Be Doing…more specifically:
- Gather market and product requirements and provide business case input
- Contribute to future product strategies, collect customer input and survey competitive products for new requirements.
- Manage pre-launch activities in close cooperation with Commercial Product Managers
- Drive new product and solution launches together with Marketing
- Develop and implement product and solutions presentations, product briefs, white papers and application relevant articles together with Marketing
- Educate sales team in application knowledge and system solutions
- Build-up application knowledge within water networks and utilities
- Provide Strategic sales support (i.e. tenders, new products/solutions, customer visits)
- Participate and present at trade shows, conferences and technical seminars
- Assist Commercial Product Managers in product planning and global roadmaps
- Travel of up to 15% annually, primarily within the US and to Denmark. Must have a valid passport.
- Uphold Company’s Values, Mission, Vision
What We Expect from You
Your Personality will Matter:
The right person for this role will be proactive, technically savvy and business minded. We also expect you to be a great team member with a huge desire to be the best you can be. You need to enjoy building cross functional relations where your outgoing personality along with superior communications skills and stakeholder management will be keys to your success.
Your Work Experience & Education:
- BS/BA Engineering Degree
- 5+ years of proven experience in Technical Sales, Product Management or R&D, preferably within the water sector
- International experience and understanding of working for a global company
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 Suite
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships
- Structured and analytical with an affinity to complex problem solving and time-management.
- High energy and drive
- Creative—not afraid of trying and learning new things
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach
What We Offer is More than Just a Job…
- An excellent team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts along with personal and professional development
- You’ll have the satisfaction of creating value for Kamstrup’s customers
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and a fast-growing international company that works tirelessly to ensure optimization of the world’s water and energy resources
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits with generous PTO, excellent health care insurance and 401 K