Founded in 1914 in Raleigh NC, Dillon Supply has been making industrial distribution its business for the last 102 years. With locations throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Indiana, it offers a complete line of Steel, Industrial, Construction, Safety and PPE Supplies. Their Storage, Lifting and Handling specialists can design and customize nearly any project (rack, cranes, slings…) to help maximize use of existing space.
Dillon Supply Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Descours & Cabaud, SA, founded in 1782 with over 13,000 employees around the world. Descours & Cabaud and their subsidiaries are a major player in Europe and North America as a leader in distributor to professionals in the building and industrial sectors. At both Dillon Supply and Descours & Cabaud, we value our employees through our culture of entrepreneurial freedom that is based on our 3 values of Transparency, Unity and Daring.
The Managing Director will develop and execute short- and long-term business and financial strategies for Dillon Supply, monitor goals and adjusts policies to meet them. Responsibilities include overseeing internal operations, helping to build strong customer relationships, maximizing the company’s operating performance, and helping to achieve the company’s financial goals. This position supports the North America President & CEO and collaborate with other Managing Directors in the region.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for Dillon Supply focused on external and organic growth initiatives, including potential acquisitions and integration activities.
- Drive and lead the annual budget process – adhering to financial requirements and KPI’s. Ensure proper operational and financial controls and report key figures to the President & CEO of North America. Comply with budget guidelines, reporting and validation requirements of the Board.
- Manage day-to-day business activities and act as a strong general manager for internal activities covering Operations, Sales, Finance, HR, and IT. Be a key Company representative for main Customers and Suppliers.
- Strong business partner to Descours & Cabaud North America Management Team of Finance, HR, and IT. Make the link between Dillon Supply and Descours & Cabaud. Look for benchmark opportunities for best practice sharing and be a key driver of cultural fit. Be a voice of D&C North America and act as an advocate for company values and way of doing business.
- Leading, coaching, directing, and evaluating the work of other employees, such as Senior Directors and Managers, and ensuring a healthy working environment.
- Ensure succession plans are in place. Continuous improvement focus, make sure state-of-art processes, technologies and tools are in place to deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure internal communication is flawless and often throughout the organization to create engagement and alignment of the total workforce along performance objectives.
- Create understanding and positive image and reputation of the company externally.
- Sign documents and make commitments for which the company is legally liable.
- Maintaining awareness of competitors, expansion opportunities, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards.
- Represent the organization at conferences, meetings, and trade shows or at regional or national meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field required, Masters Business Administration highly preferred
- 10 or more years’ experience in a strategical managerial role
- Experience managing a P&L
- Sales experience, BtoB (BtoC would be a plus)
- Distribution experience is a must
- French language is a must (If not, candidate would need to have an experience working in Europe)
- Innovative and motivational mindset
- Excellent management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related Software, Excel