- Location: Virginia Beach, VA
- Focus on coated and bonded abrasives
- Sales, Manufacturing and Training
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Extensive experience in bonded abrasives
- Experience in a sales project team-oriented environment
Our client Hermes Abrasives in Virginia Beach, VA, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of coated and bonded abrasives with global headquarters in Hamburg, Germany and over 1,200 dedicated associates worldwide, has engaged us in the search for an enthusiastic Manager Technical Sales Support. Hermes Abrasives is specialized in manufacturing and sale of industrial coated and bonded abrasives solutions for applications requiring functional and/or aesthetic high-quality surfaces. Application and industry processing knowledge, plus detailed abrasives knowledge are the competitive advantages Hermes Abrasives delivers to the market.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Manager Technical Sales Support is responsible for managing and directing North American activities of Product Engineering/Industrial Management, coated and bonded divisions, Hermes Abrasives Institute Program (H.A.I.) and liaison with Group Headquarters Research and Development as well as Technical Management Personnel.
Your high-energy level, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for abrasives as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Bring structure to the technical sales area in support of Group and local targets, including being part of new customer acquisitions.
- Direct activities of the Industry Managers and Product Engineers (5 direct reports) to support the Sales Force efforts.
- Act as the liaison for Hermes Virginia technical personnel and other Hermes locations to clearly communicate and oversee engineering improvements, process production changes, machine redesign/enhancements and training.
- Oversee and direct North American activities of Hermes Abrasives Institute Consulting Program.
- Recommend and test specific field applications for the product line.
- Direct the investigation and recommend solutions to product complaints.
- Interface with Sales, Customers, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Engineering, R&D, Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or comparable technical degree.
- 5 or more years employment within the bonded abrasives industry in a technical position, with preferred area of expertise in the field of gear grinding and/or honing.
- Strong people management experience, excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to inspire confidence and motivate.
- Have excellent project management skills and be able to demonstrate consistent achievement of delivering projects on-time and on-cost
- Clear and concise communicator
- Ability to learn Hermes specialty machine knowledge and experience
- Analytical and Problem-solver
- Manufacturing methodologies knowledge
- Be financially astute and have proven budgetary preparation and control ability
- Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges
- Be capable of strategic thinking, offering robust solutions that will improve both performance and profitability
- Be familiar with ERP systems (SAP preferred) and Microsoft office products.
- High comfort level in an international environment aligned with central European business culture; goal-oriented with “can-do” and “hands-on” attitude
- High analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel 40%-50%
- Ability and passion to be part of a successful international organization