Our client, STIHL, is a world leader and global manufacturer of Outdoor Power Equipment and headquartered in Germany with manufacturing facilities around the globe. Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in Germany with the first electric chainsaw in 1926, the STIHL name has remained synonymous with outstanding innovations, high-quality products and comprehensive service.
The U.S. headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA, STIHL Inc. has grown from 50 employees in 1974, assembling one model of chainsaw, to over 2,100 employees, working on our 150 acre campus, to assemble, produce, market and support a full range STIHL products. Today STIHL Inc. manufactures over 80 models of chainsaws and outdoor power equipment in our more than 1 million square feet of state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. STIHL is the number one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America sold exclusively through a network of more than 10,000 authorized local STIHL Dealers from coast to coast and exported from the U.S. to more than 80 countries worldwide.
STIHL has engaged us in the search for an energetic and detail-oriented Senior Manager Supply Chain for its North American Headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Manager Supply Chain will be responsible to manage employees and results in the procurement, scheduling and execution of order details of goods and services required for production and operation within established guidelines. This person will be able to provide research and project support to company personnel involved in analyzing material performance, supplier capabilities and unit costs. The Supply Chain Manager will be vital in training employees, setting performance goals, and assigning work to maintain a productive and motivational climate.
Your high-energy level, ability to motivate, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for Outdoor Power Equipment as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates the setting of goals and objectives for planners and monitors the progress of mutually agreed upon goals, objectives, and assigned projects.
- Oversees and participates in the creation of the master schedule and area specific production schedules, the analysis of production specifications and plant capacity data, the scheduling of workflow for each department and operation, and the planning of production operations sequences.
- Maintains positive relations with existing suppliers through thorough communication of STIHL philosophy, material requirements, and pricing objectives.
- Contacts suppliers regarding material problems, such as delayed receipt, poor quality, wrong items, etc., and resolves issues.
- Visits supplier locations to review and analyze operations, and checks quality, evaluating short-term and long-term abilities of suppliers to meet STIHL expectations.
- Oversees and participates in the expedition of internal and external operations that delay or alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Supports planners in problem reconciliation ensuring that delays are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, statistics, and other sources of production information to monitor internal and external production performance versus targeted standards. Reports to the Operations Leadership Team (OLT) operating statistics as related to supply performance. Analyzes operating data such as past performance statistics, sales forecasts for the upcoming year, manpower budgets, internal and external capacity, internal and external supplier performance, planned capital expenditures, etc. and develops action plans to ensure production / sales demand can be met.
- Reports on plans ensuring smooth and stable schedules and plans and effective utilization of concerned resources.
- Participates with OLT in the development of long-term production forecasting by analyzing operating data and developing scenarios for future years.
- Works with internal and external suppliers to incorporate data in plans and to reconcile challenges.
- Works with other departments’ personnel, such as Purchasing, Production, Quality Assurance, Engineering, etc. to rectify defective or unacceptable goods, plans for future requirements, or incorporate technical needs into future bids and proposals.
- Maintains manual and computerized records and documentation pertaining to past activities, internal and external supplier specifications and performance histories, etc. and provides information to OLT as needed.
- Maintains currency with respect to technical skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed.
- Performs or oversees the performance of special or targeted strategic studies and analysis that effect current or planned operations.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years related experience preferred.
- Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of MRP system; SAP applications preferred.