About this vacancy
On behalf of one of our international clients, YER USA is currently searching for an experienced candidate to manage their remanufacturing operations in Pendergrass, GA.
As the Manager Remanufacturing Operations, under supervision of the Director Engineering and Production Services, you will be responsible for the overall management of remanufacturing processes including disassembly, cleaning, parts assessment, and machining. You will be leading a diverse team of two direct reports and about 50 indirect reports.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Manage remanufacturing disassembly, cleaning, parts assessment, and machining
- Monitor and maintain the training and development of talent resources.
- Oversee the optimization of remanufacturing processes to ensure performance is in accordance with ISO business system / quality requirements, and profitability targets
- Manage and coordinate with other departments to increase the performance of remanufacturing, and mitigate performance issues to assure engines, components, and parts availability to the production assembly stock.
- Create and maintain analytical tools to track performance and foster effective decision-making outcomes and incentivize employees to perform at a high level.
With its headquarters in Cologne (Germany), DEUTZ has a tremendously rich history of more than 150 years and can proudly boast that it established the world’s first engine factory. Today, they employ over 4,000 people and are represented in 130 countries on every continent. In North America they provide a sales, service, genuine parts, and application engineering center for the Americas, supporting the DEUTZ product range of 30 – 700 hp diesel and natural gas engines. The U.S. headquarters is in Norcross, GA and employs over 200 people covering all aspects of marketing and support. The remanufacturing facility and job location is in Pendergrass, GA with over 200 employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university
- 7-10 years of experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of all facets of a remanufacturing system
- Experience in training and developing employees
- Strong team building and motivational skills is a must
- Knowledge of lean sigma practices
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ERP and planning systems