SHIFT SUPERVISOR MAINTENANCE – COLLECTION
On behalf of our client, Waste Management, Inc., we are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for their location in Antioch, IL. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented technical supervisor, ideally with experience in supervising a team of mechanical technicians /mechanics.
WM is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services, offering services such as garbage collection and disposal, recycling, and dumpster rental.
In this position, you will report to the District Fleet Manager and supervise and provide direct leadership for a team of 10 full-time employees including technicians, mechanics, and clerks. 8 Team members are at the main location in Antioch, IL, and another 2 at a site location in McHenry, IL. You will manage the workflow in the maintenance shop and assign tasks among the team accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop.
- Coordinate and supervise all maintenance work and repairs, and monitor progress and quality.
- Review driver repairs and other maintenance requests and prepare work order documents.
- Performs mechanical duties as needed.
- Monitor inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Oversee personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provide input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Interpret and ensure consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
- Create and submit reports as necessary.
- Competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
- Great career opportunity with a growing national company.
- Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. (accredited)
- Four (4) years of relevant experience including people management.
- Maintenance and mechanical repair skills are preferred.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be very organized and able to multitask.
- Good leadership skills, team builder, and motivator.