The selected Maintenance Manager will oversee & supervise the installation, maintenance, and repair of plant equipment, building, and grounds for our Auburn, AL facility. Engineering design and construction, alteration, or modification of existing facilities may also be involved.
Direct: Manager of Operations, Indirect: CEO
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage maintenance employee outcomes by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates. Communicate job expectations and plan, monitor, and appraise job contributions. Recommend compensation actions, adhering to policies and procedures.
- Lead maintenance operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implement production, productivity, quality, customer-service, safety, security, and health standards; resolve problems; identify system improvements.
- Evaluate systems and equipment performance by conferring with operating departments; identify problems and requirements.
- Keep systems and equipment operating by implementing a preventive maintenance pro-gram; operate and test systems and equipment.
- Ensure repairs on systems and equipment by managing the restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing of faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Improve systems and equipment performance by studying performance results; identify, recommend, and implement changes, expansions, and additions.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal regulations; immediately addressing issues and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Prepare maintenance information and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Contribute to maintenance and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; help others accomplish job results.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, skills, experience required / desired
- Engineering degree or equivalent with 1 to 3 years in industrial maintenance management. No degree requires 8-10 years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a managerial role.
- Computer literate (MS Office, ISPRO).
- Need to have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work with a variety of individuals at all levels.
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision and have excellent project management skills.
- Troubleshooting electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and structural problems in the field, in a timely manner.
- Must be able to implement new structures, procedures, organization.
- PLC programming experience desired but not required.
- Demonstrating expertise – Thorough and organized project management skills.
- Communicating – Proactively anticipate and act.
- Adapting – Adjust approach to achieve success.
- Serving – Manage both up and down.
- Leading – Manage people well.
- Motivating and empowering – Develop staff. Steady under pressure.
- Exempt status – overtime occurs