- Location: Newport News, VA
- Focus on Automation Solutions
- Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
- Extensive experience in problem-solving and optimization
- Experience in a sales project team-oriented environment
Our client Swisslog Logistics Inc. in Newport News, VA (part of the KUKA Group), one of the world’s largest logistics automation solution provider with global headquarters in Switzerland and over 2,800 dedicated associates worldwide, has engaged us in the search for an enthusiastic Logistics Consultant Automation. Swisslog is shaping the future of logistics automation and transforming warehouses and distribution centers to achieve maximum efficiency, flexibility and agility. Their Industry 4.0 and robotics innovation means their automation solutions are always future-ready. By understanding and analyzing clients’ needs and data, Swisslog optimizes the performance of its customers’ operation. Swisslog’s complete solutions include consulting, concept studies, project implementation, customer service, best-in-class technologies and software, all tailored to the specific requirements of its customers.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Logistics Consultant Automation will provide innovative solutions through sales support to Swisslog Sales Project Managers and consultation with clients and prospects on projects to optimize supply chain and/or design warehouse/distribution centers. The candidate will provide clients with solutions consisting of various degrees of mechanization/automation.
Your high-energy level, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for logistics automation as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Supports Account and Sales Managers as consultant/sales support in the sales phase to provide solutions.
- Supports the Systems Engineering Department (proposal group) in creating solutions and write parts (functional description & data chapters) for ROM, budget and firm bid documents.
- Lead and execute consulting and design services together with sales responsible and technical staff. Focus will be on Consumer Goods whenever possible and prospects available.
- Design warehouse/distribution center alternatives, specifies requirements, creates layouts and material flow diagrams, and develops cost estimates for solution alternatives and do financial models for comparison purposes.
- Creates project documentation and develops presentations for the results of the study to senior management of customers.
- Interfaces with data analysts (can be own analysis as well), CAD operators, other consultants and engineers, international consultants, account and sales manager and external sources.
- Prepared to execute business travels to clients, customer and Swisslog reference sites in Americas.
- MS in Industrial Engineering or MBA with BS in an engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supply chain/logistics and or automated material handling industry
- Extensive knowledge in automation and engineering
- Strong experience with automation for material handling exposure to process re-engineering, change management process
- Stable, authentic personality; able to quickly establish credibility internally and externally, and within multiple business sectors and business practices
- Highly motivated “doer” and proactive self-starter with an adaptive selling style and clear ability to develop markets and close deals
- Clear sales and customer-orientation with well-founded business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid and convincing personality
- Fosters a culture of integrity and excellence and accustomed to working to infuse those qualities across the field and organization
- High comfort level in an international environment aligned with central European business culture; goal-oriented with “can-do” and “hands-on” attitude
- High analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and project management software
- Be able to draw rough outlined solutions in a CAD system (AutoCAD), SketchUp or similar
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel 30%
- Ability and passion to be part of a successful international organization