Our client, Sodecia, is the U.S. subsidiary of one of the world’s largest industrial corporations operating worldwide as a full-service supplier in automotive manufacturing in regards to Body in White, Powertrain, Safety & Interiors, and Tools & Equipment. Sodecia offers a complete collaborative engineering service, finding solutions that add value through advanced technologies, sustainability, agility, simplicity, and satisfaction; the company in North America is one of the excellence centers and it serves customers worldwide.
This position plays an important role of responsibility for purchasing raw materials, processing & components, deliveries, material availability for production, inventory management, and purchasing reporting. The Lead Buyer has strong experience in global commodity strategy, supply chain management, strategic partnerships, and financial analysis.
The candidate’s profile
- You have graduated in Engineering, with min 2 years of experience in buying steels in North America and really good Steel negotiation technique.
- A purchase background steel sales background is preferred.
- The right candidate should have experience dealing with Suppliers directly (Negotiation or follow-up) and great analysis skills (Using MS Excel).
- SAP knowledge is required.
• Implement procurement strategy and policies
• Lead the procurement activities in all phases, according to Sodecia purchase procedure and maintain cost procurement files
• Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best cost, delivery schedules, and quality;
• Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on cost, commercial and technical factors;
• Negotiating and agreeing on contracts and monitoring their progress – checking the quality KPI´s of service provided
• Developing new Steel Suppliers
• Steel technical Analysis to be done along with the Engineering team
• Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments, and internal customers
• Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and internal customers and assist in building effective partnerships.
• Implement, monitor and define actions plans, based upon the Sodecia purchase report and other KPI’s (e.g. Gross Margin, Suppliers Evaluation ( IAF)
• Continually develop expertise to support business growth and new projects (training, visiting exhibitions & fairs, visit to suppliers.
• Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
• Prepare market analysis and possible growth.
• Coordinate with the Engineering team for Engineering changes for both internal and customer Changes.