An excellent opportunity for a self-motivated candidate with technical background who is passionate about supporting a small team of industrial gearbox service specialists.
On behalf of our client in Sacramento, CA, we are currently searching a Junior Design and Process Engineer to support a team of workshop technicians in technical topics to understand the process of rebuilding their products.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Implement improvements on design (re-engineering of parts) and process level (workflow optimization, custom devices, …)
- Update technical documentation for state-of-the-art use in a digital factory
- Fulfill Engineering and Reengineering / Reverse Engineering of gearboxes
- Knowledge about preventive maintenance, repairs, and corrective maintenance on industrial gearboxes
- On-site Inspections different gearboxes via Videoscope – Eisenbeiss Gearoscopy® incl. photo documentation and reporting to customers
With a company history of over 100 years, our client is a recognized world leader in the design, manufacture, service, and repair of industrial gearboxes with headquarters in Austria. The gearboxes have been used in different machines and equipment such as trains, power plants, cranes, plastic manufacturing, food processing, steel, and many other industries.
The fast-growing U.S. subsidiary was established in 2011 in Sacramento, CA and currently consists of a small team of approx. 10 employees.
- Technical engineering degree or similar education – recent graduates welcome
- 1+ year of experience in engineering recommended
- Must be able to read and understand repair manuals, specifications, and technical drawings and /or schematic diagrams
- Being able to define the exact definition of spare parts of a gearbox
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to use Microsoft Office products as well as 2D and 3D design programs
- Must have good customer service-minded attitude
- Details oriented and results driven
Salary negotiable based on experience, 401k with company match, holiday pay, PTO, health insurance, training option in the European headquarters within first year of employment.