Our client, UniFor, is an Italian designer and manufacturer of contemporary office furniture and demountable glass partitions. The company, part of the prestigious Molteni Group from Italy, is present in Asia, the Americas and Europe and services a highly specialized clientele of architects. Unifor celebrates 50 years of unparallel success and is known to have propelled Italian furniture design to international prominence.
Unifor tends to work on high visibility projects with top tier architects, therefore the ideal candidate for this role is a Senior Architect or Designer that is interested in furniture design and has experience managing architectural projects. He/she is professional, motivated, shows attention to details and can work in a fast-paced environment.
This is a great opportunity to work with an international team of professionals.
The Senior Architectural Project Manager is based at the Unifor’s office in Manhattan, NY. The candidate will manage complex projects, he/she will:
- Coordinate, facilitate and maintain a liaison among architects, dealers, vendors and customers to facilitate a project development and completion
- Prepare bids, write specifications, request quotations from the factory in Italy and deliver to the vendors
- Keep track of orders and shipments, coordinate with field operations managers and installation partners, and occasionally attend project meetings on site.
- Monitor the progress of the project, monitor and approve change orders, make adjustments, if necessary, to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Some traveling needed to visit architects for design sessions as well as to our factory in Italy for mock-ups and work sessions
- Bachelor in Architecture
- 4+ years of experience in a project manager role in a similar or same industry
- Knowledge of Autocad and ability to understand shop drawings
- Critical thinking and problem solving, project management.