Our client, UniFor, is an Italian designer and manufacturer of contemporary office furniture and demountable glass partitions. The company, part of the prestigious Molteni Group from Italy, is present in Asia, the Americas and Europe and services a highly specialized clientele of architects. Unifor celebrates 50 years of unparallel success and is known to have propelled Italian furniture design to international prominence.
Unifor tends to work on high visibility projects with top tier architects, therefore the ideal candidate for this role is a Junior Architect or Designer that is interested in furniture sales and design and has an inclination for project management. He/she is professional, motivated, shows attention to details and can work in a fast-paced environment.
This is a great opportunity to learn and grow in the furniture design and manufacturing industry and work with an international team of professionals.
The Junior Architectural Project Manager is based at the Unifor’s office in Manhattan, NY. The candidate will manage complex projects, he/she will:
- Coordinate, facilitate and maintain a liaison among architects, dealers, vendors and customers to facilitate a project development and completion
- Assist PM in preparing bids, write specifications for the project, request quotations from the factory in Italy and deliver to the vendors
- Keep track of orders and shipments, coordinate with field operations managers and installation partners, and occasionally attend project meetings on site.
- Bachelor in Architecture
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of AUTOCad and ability to understand shop drawings
- Critical thinking and problem solving, project management.