BrandSafway is a leading provider of specialized services to the global industrial, commercial and infrastructure markets. The company delivers access and scaffolding systems, forming and shoring, industrial services and related solutions to more than 30,000 customers worldwide. BrandSafway was formed when Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services and Safway Group combined in 2017.
Company website: https://brandsafway.com/
In this role, you will work under the supervision of the Director of Environmental and Industrial Hygiene to provide expertise in industrial hygiene and environmental areas to prevent and mitigate employee injuries and illnesses, as well as, ensure environmental regularity compliance. You will partner with Operations and EHS leadership to develop, implement, determine the effectiveness of the programs, and verify compliance of the standard work procedures for all industrial hygiene activities and abatement activities. In addition, this position will assist branch and field management to promote effective EHS programs at their assigned branch(es) and job sites within their region and ensure the Company remains in compliance with governmental regulations such as OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, and NFPA. You will spend about 70% of the time in the field and the different branches and job locations within California.
Key Functions and Responsibilities of the Role:
Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices. Develop environmental and industrial hygiene work procedures, methods and programs. Implement, administer and advise others on industrial hygiene work procedures, abatement and environmental hazard control programs, and measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of environmental, industrial hygiene, abatement and hazard control programs.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Employee, Supervisor, Temporary Employee Industrial Hygiene Monitoring: Facilitate, document, and ensure all employees, supervisors, and temporary employees receive all required and necessary industrial hygiene monitoring. Ensure that all monitoring results are appropriately communicated to individuals monitored. Monitoring can include, but is not limited to, asbestos, lead, and silica.
- Branch, Field and Job Site Industrial Hygiene and Environmental Plans: Facilitate and coordinate with EHS managers and operational managers the development and implementation of required industrial hygiene monitoring and environmental management plans.
- Branch, Field and Job Site Inspections & Observations: Perform job hazard analysis to identify hazards within the workplace. Requires the ability to climb scaffold and enter confined spaces on job sites. Coach and guide employees and management regarding safety compliance issues and safe product applications.
- Regulatory Compliance: Assist with the administration of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations such as OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, and NFPA.
- Customer Interface: Participate in safety initiatives, meetings and programs as required by the customer. Work with job site EHS personnel to identify and resolve EHS issues.
- Incident, Accident, Investigation & Reporting: Assist in the investigations of incidents involving chemical exposures, environmental issues, and any other industrial hygiene or abatement incident. Prepare documentation to ensure an adequate investigation and preservation of evidence is completed.
- Medical Interface: Work with medical providers and BrandSafway’s Risk Management Department to ensure the procedure requirements for all medical related industrial hygiene and abatement are completed, documented and maintained.
- Administrative: Carry out supervisory duties in accordance with EHS company policies and collective bargaining agreements. Compile management reports and assist with OSHA recordkeeping requirements.
- Competitive compensation package including benefits and car allowance.
- Great career opportunity with growing international company.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree plus Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- 3 to 5 Years’ experience in the construction industry with an emphasis on the painting, coatings, insulation, remediation/abatement and industrial hygiene risks.
- Requires experience in presenting training materials in a group setting
- Strong leadership abilities to inspire and coach employees to accomplish strategic goals.
- Advance knowledge and understanding of current construction and general industry safety regulations and the ability to analyze and interpret this data for the safety of employees, job sites, and the branch.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively train, motivate, and communicate with employees, supervisors and customers.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a matrix reporting structure (Corporate EHS, VP EHS, Operations, etc.).
- Above average computer skills with the ability to proficiently use the Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving history.