About the company:
Founded in 1987 in Québec, Canada, with 44 quarries, 17 manufacturing sites and more than 1,100 employees, Polycor has become the largest fully-integrated manufacturer and distributor of natural stone in North America today. Growth through acquisitions has positioned our client as a leader and demonstrated his desire to keep the rich legacy of North American quarries alive.
About this vacancy:
Polycor is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager for a recently acquired company
located in Bloomington, Indiana, counting approximately 200 employees. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall Human Resources function of specific divisions of the company: HR management & strategy, workforce planning & development, compensation & benefits, employee relations and risk management. While managing these areas, the HRM ensures that all methods of practice and policy are compliant with state & federal law, professional ethics and align with the culture and vision of the company.
▪ Establish efficient, strategic processes for every function within the HR department; i.e. recruiting & onboarding, internal changes, performance management, policy/procedure
▪ Implement and update as needed, the compensation program; write job descriptions, conduct salary surveys and help to develop an annual salary budget; analyze compensation; monitor performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
▪ Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbook; update and revise as needed.
▪ Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings, such as union meetings, safety committee meetings, etc.
▪ Facilitate resolution between employees, supervisors and/or department heads to settle work-related conflicts. Recommend solutions when repetition of individual problems indicates negative trends.
▪ Serve as a resource for management and non-management employees alike on matters such as policy interpretation and enforcement, legal compliance, employee relations issues and other HR-related topics.
▪ Manage a positive union relationship, settle union grievances as they occur, participate in union negotiations and educate the management team on contract interpretation as needed.
▪ Responsible for the recruitment efforts of all position levels. The HR Manager will develop effective recruiting tools through professional relationships, memberships, networks and other competent recruiting strategies.
▪ Develop job descriptions; write, place and manage job posting advertisements. Screen applicants and make recommendations for selection; support hiring managers through the hiring process and lead the new-employee onboarding process.
▪ The HRM manages the administration of the employee health, welfare and retirement plans for the company.
▪ Acts as liaison between employee and insurance broker/providers, to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
▪ Coordinates benefit insurance enrollments for new employees and during the annual open enrollment period. Regularly communicates with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
▪ Evaluate the company’s risk in the areas including, but not limited to; health and safety, workplace security, emergency response plans, ADA, FLSA and implement the appropriate programs, policies, etc. to mitigate these risks.
▪ When applicable, develop and maintain the affirmative action program; file EEO-1 reports; maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to all applicable state and federal regulations.
Other Duties & Assignments
▪ Develop supervisor and shift lead people management skills.
▪ Lead the communication efforts of assigned divisions.
▪ Keep employee records up-to-date (HRIS and personnel files) by processing employee status changes timely and maintain them in compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
▪ Maintain applicant tracking data.
▪ Manage unemployment claims and worker’s compensation claims.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
▪ Minimum of 6 years’ experience in an HR Generalist role
▪ HR Certification preferred
▪ Bilingual English French
▪ Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment and represents themselves in a confident, professional demeanor
▪ Must be highly motivated and able to work independently; always maintains confidentiality
▪ A proactive solutions-driven person who overcomes obstacles and instills values in others
▪ Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s standards
▪ Candidate must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization
▪ Looked upon as a key contributor, trusted advisor and someone with the ability to successfully coach and mentor with patience and understanding
▪ Someone with tenacious problem-solving skills
▪ Must be a good planner, very detail-oriented and can organize and drive multiple projects simultaneously
▪ Strong understanding of current HR legal requirements
▪ Strong technical skills including MS Office, Outlook and various other systems
Overnight travel is required; approximately once per month.
Full-time position, based in Bloomington, Indiana, comprehensive benefit package.