Our client is a proven global supplier of industrial global equipment and verification solutions for in-line, stand-alone and mobile applications. This global group employs 1,000 employees in more than 100 countries on 5 continents and has an extensive sales network through its subsidiaries, distributors and end-users worldwide.
To support and manage their fast-growing North America organization, we have been retained to fill the position of HR Manager – North America based in their HQ in Metro Atlanta, GA. This role will report directly to the VP HR group located in Europe (dotted line to the US GM).
This is a great opportunity for a well-versed HR manager with hands-on experience in a multicultural manufacturing organization (preferably in an industrial & operational environment), who has a track record in bridging different cultures and is well experienced in working with both permanent and temp employees/agencies.
As the HR Manager, you will be given the opportunity to further develop and structure the North America based organization. You will take the lead in all HR related functions (i.e. payroll, benefits, compensation packages, recruitment, competency management, personal development & recognition programs, training, safety, employee relations & retention, constant internal communication) and will personally initiate further development and fine-tuning of such HR programs including safety and security. As a member of the management team, you will play a key role in determining strategy and direction of all HR related organizational aspects. You will work closely with your HR team and direct report to further streamline and improve the staffing processes by implementing group guidelines, driving and monitoring change within the organization.
- Lead all hiring and onboarding processes (recruiting, testing, interviewing, coaching, background, references screening, interacting w/external recruiting sources)
- Implement and conduct job evaluations, annual performance reviews, pay structure revisions, coaching and training sessions, grievances resolution
- Manage employee benefits programs in accordance with state and federal laws, study and assess benefits needs & industry trends, evaluate contract bids of brokers & carriers (health, 401K), coordinate open enrollment process for hundreds of employees scattered across the US and Canada
- Develop policies, direct & coordinate HR activities including employment, compensation, benefits, compliance, values, safety, training and employee relationships
- Ensure legal compliance w/ADA, FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, affirmative action, recruitment & selection of employees and annual filings (EEOC, OSHA, Form 5500s, Vets 100)
- Prepare all internal management reports, assist w/annual budget preparation and planning, record all all employee information in company’s HRIS payroll system (Paylocity)
- Be a member of the safety committee, coordinate all safety training activities w/third party safety consultants, have knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Key member of site management team, this role will lead to HR Group projects in addition to local responsibilities
- Great transversal interaction and career opportunity within an international organization in a fast-growing global company
- Bachelor’s Degree is required at minimum. Preferably in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational, Psychology, or a related field
- Minimum 5-7 years’ hands-on HR experience in a managerial role for a mid to large size multi-cultural manufacturing organization
- Proven benefits administration, performance and compliance expertise (ex: DOL, state laws, FMLA, ADA, EEOC, Form 5500s and Vets 100)
- Hiring processes and all-around evaluations experience incl. recruiting, on boarding, retention, training, dispute resolution and employee development
- Experience with fast-growing industrial and customer services-oriented companies highly desired
- Know-how and Implementation experience of all safety initiatives, inspections, and training (OSHA)
- Excellent people-management and multi-cultural communication skills both with local and global upper management are a must to be successful in this position
- A pragmatic approach and ‘make it happen’ attitude in all circumstances
- English mother tongue with an additional language highly desired (Spanish, French, German)
- Additional HR certificates welcomed (i.e. SPHR, PHR, SHRM)
Very competitive compensation package (base + bonus on KPI) and excellent benefits (health/dental/vision, 401K match, great PTOs)