Our client, Sodecia, is the U.S. subsidiary of one of the world’s largest industrial corporation operating worldwide as a full-service supplier in automotive manufacturing in regards to Body in White, Powertrain, Safety & Interiors and Tools & Equipment. Sodecia offers a complete collaborative engineering service, finding solutions that add value through advanced technologies, sustainability, agility, simplicity, and satisfaction; the company in North America is one of the excellence centers and it serves customers worldwide.
This position plays a crucial role in collecting, structuring, analyzing, and reporting on HR processes and data. The HR Generalist will be responsible on analyze and execute the recruitment and selection processes, gathering benchmark data about jobs, compensation and benefits, mapping out salary ranges for open positions, and calculating retention, turnover and internal mobility rates.
The candidate’s profile
You have an associate degree in HR Management, Psychology or Sociology, with min 4 years of experience in HR Area, preferred in manufacturing environments, with demonstrating leadership and teamwork skills, labor relations, ability to use great communication and persuasion skills as well conflict management. You use best-in-class instructional design techniques to deliver new elements and KPI’s analysis, with a strong foundation in problem-solving, analytics, training and project management principles and tools.
• Analyze and execute the recruitment and selection processes for hourly employees based on the requirements necessary for the functions.
• Seeking to cover positions preferably with internal potentials, and searching the market when necessary, carrying out the recruitment and selection process, controlling the results of operations carried out by other areas.
• Ensure that the performance evaluation process and the identification of talents and successors are carried out, as well as the definition of focuses for the development of people and attributes in accordance with the guidelines drawn up by the Company’s management.
• Develop and guide the implementation of skills development programs focused on meeting the Company’s strategies, assessing their effectiveness in terms of results for the business.
• Build, together with the area manager, the organizational structure proposals to meet the company’s strategies, defining their composition in terms of positions and responsibilities.
• To act for the definition of remuneration, advantages and benefits policy aimed at maintaining the stable and qualified staff, technically supporting the management of the Company.
• Guide and contribute to the construction of programs, events, channels and internal communications (top-down or bottom-up) focusing on the awareness and engagement of people in relation to issues relevant to the business, safe work and sustainability.
• Support the planning and the implementation of employee training, onboarding plans and skill matrix.
• Take action to fulfill and consolidate the KPI information necessary to maintain the Sodecia management model.
• Prepare and execute the updating of reports and indicators of the sector, monitoring and analyzing results, to guarantee the fulfillment of procedures, goals, and necessary corrective actions.
• Control and report the attendance in a daily basis and the startup meeting.
• Training all the management team in the CBA.
• Assure zero violations in the CBA for skill trades and general labor.
• Participate and control the grievance inside the facility and support the HR Manager in the internal investigations.