On behalf of our client, a leader in the Construction industry with activities ranging from foundations to retentions systems, we are currently looking for a HR Director position.
- Attracting, recruiting, retaining talents across the organization
- Reports hierarchically to US CEO, functionally to Sr. VP Corporate Organization
- Managing HR Compliance
- Specialty subcontractor/general contractor environment
- Location – Greater Boston area and up to 50% from home
- Travel up to 30%
Our client is an international company with U.S. headquarters in the Greater Boston area where it employs over one hundred people, covering the U.S. and Canada. The company operates mostly as a specialty subcontractor as well as specialty general contractor. Its focus in the construction business lies in projects involving retention systems and levees as well as foundations, ground improvement and dams.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who already has experience in similar contexts and wants to lead the Human Resources in a company that is experiencing constant and stable growth. To be successful in this position the ideal candidate has terrific leading skills allowing him to develop trusting working relationships at all levels of the organization. The HR Director and his/her team will develop the current company’s Performance Management Scorecards system aimed to standardize the company’s performance management system. Additionally, the Director will evaluate existing talents and drive changes to insure the appropriate level of skills and experience needed to accomplish the company’s short and long-term goals. Other relevant tasks for the position are:
- Attract, recruit, and retain talents across the organization.
- Develop an on-boarding process for all new employees.
- Be responsible for the full range of HR functions including performance planning, talent management and assessment, succession planning, training, change management, compensation and benefits, labor relations, HRIS, legal HR requirements.
- Manage all HR compliance issues including 401K administration, DOL compliance and Benefit Committee administration.
- Gain trust and develop a credible and strong working relationship with each of the North America operations in order to be regarded as a key resource and supportive business partner. Visit each operation appropriately to provide the necessary level of HR support and guidance including the advancement of new initiatives.
Company’s benefits include Health Insurance (the company pays for the premium and the deductible!), dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K with 6% match, $750 monthly car allowance, and over 1 month off from the first year.
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related field is required. An advanced degree is a huge plus.
- SPHR or PHR is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of broad level human resources leadership of global, progressive, best practices at construction or project-oriented industries, and on-the-ground experience providing human resources leadership in a line organization.
- Hands-on tactical strength in creating human resources processes and systems and effectively implementing HR processes. An operations orientation and program/process management skills are essential. Experience in an operating role with profit and loss accountability is a plus.