Our European-based client, is a worldwide leader in solution for liquid food packaging. As a company, they follow through on their commitments to customers, suppliers and colleagues to deliver excellence. A career at our clients opens the doors to a global business environment full of opportunities for unrivaled growth where you can make a real difference. The company fosters team work developing innovative and sustainable packaging solutions for all types of beverages and their bottles are made of a strong, fully recyclable plastic material called PET benefiting our planet and creating a better life for people worldwide.
The Health and Safety Officer supports our Safety department coordinating, and advising the department on all aspects about Health and Safety. This role reports directly to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Ensure vigilance on H&S coordination plan availability prior to FSEs trip for site operations (new equipment and Services);
- Conduct safety training and education programs for OSHA compliance including, NFPA, ANSI and demonstrate the use of safety equipment;
- Support compliance of EHS&S policies and programs;
- Secure Security Travel Management for all interventions in the region;
- Secure mapping, monitoring, development plan, follow up for training programs related to H&S for FSEs;
- Secure controlling and vigilance of PPE setup and availabilities for employees;
- Execution of audits and consequent correction/improvement plan;
- Interact with Sourcing for suppliers’ evaluations and correction plans;
- Drive Communications and initiatives with other functions linked to H&S for employees;
- Provide regular reporting for status and escalate critical risks observations;
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related
▪ Fluent level of English, Spanish preferred
▪ French and Portuguese a plus
Experience and skills:
▪ Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics;
▪ In depth knowledge of legislation of OSHA, EPA, ANSI and procedures;
▪ 3 to 5 years of experience teaching Federal OSHA standards that applies to hazards in General Industry.
▪ Beverage Industry experience preferred;
▪ H&S Certification;
▪ Availability to travel up to 30% domestic and international;
▪ Skill in performing safety inspections ensuring compliance with OSHA and NFPA safety standards;
▪ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports;
▪ Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols;
▪ Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures;
▪ Skill in developing safety procedures and protocols;
▪ Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions;
▪ Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
Full-time position, comprehensive benefit package.