Location: Home office
Reports to: General Manager
Part of the prestigious Coesia Group, MGS is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of packaging automation solutions for the pharmaceutical, life sciences, food, and personal care industries. Based in Minneapolis, MGS staff is proud to offer innovative and forward-thinking solutions and to be part of a larger group such as Coesia.
- MGS is looking to hire its Head of Sales and the role can be based at MGS’s HQ in Minneapolis or home-based, in that case traveling to HQ is expected. The incumbent will ensure the achievement of MGS machines sales revenues, defining and implementing the Sales strategy to develop the MGS business, managing and supporting the sales structure, working on sales process optimization, maintaining effective long-term relationships with strategic clients, and leveraging Coesia Regions’ sales connections.
- The candidate directly manages MGS salesforce, working in close coordination with Coesia Americas structures.
- Key for success will be a proactive attitude and approach to the market, to further develop MGS business and create new sales opportunities, also promoting cross-selling with other Coesia Companies.
This is a crucial role for the organization where you will have the opportunity to make a name for yourself within the company and to be a key decision-maker. The primary tasks will be:
- To define and implement the sales strategies as well as to meet/exceed the organization’s business goals.
- To promote and sell MGS products in coordination with the GM, identifying new business opportunities and searching for new potential clients to expand the customer’s portfolio and increase company revenues and marginality.
- To collaborate with the Engineering department to evaluate client requirements, conduct technical negotiations, and prepare commercial offers for complex projects.
- To coordinate, coach, and motivate the sales force, setting current and future targets for the team and support it to achieve expected results.
- To ensure effective order management, by guaranteeing the respect of expected terms and conditions.
- To keep up to date with recent market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies.
- To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations.
The ideal candidate:
As part of an international group, you will have access to all the cross-company tools in order to sustain the company’s growth. Proactivity, business acumen, and industry knowledge are all aspects that will be needed to be successful in this role as well as grow within the Coesia Group. Other relevant features of the ideal candidate are:
- Four-year degree in sales and marketing, business administration, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of sales management experience, with a proven track record of continuous sales growth under his/her leadership.
- Experience in capital equipment sales, packaging and/or automated machinery industry. Experience in life sciences (pharma, medical device) markets is a plus.
- Previous experience leading and developing a team including management of outside representative channels.
- Ability to learn and retain product-specific information and utilize it to position the features and benefits to customers.
- Strong result orientation, willingness to go above and beyond expectations in meeting assigned goals.
- Ability to create synergy and act as a team player.
A relocation package is available for this role.