Founded in 1966, our client is the North American subsidiary of the world’s largest manufacturer of vehicle cleaning systems. This European-based company provides innovative technology for high-quality and cost-effective cleaning of vehicles. Since 2006, our client’s product portfolio has been completely refreshed and its manufacturing facilities upgraded to provide customers with state-of-the-art carwash technology while lowering operating costs and improving its ROI greatly.
Headquartered in Germany, our client employs over 1,700 team members in more than 70 countries that are 100% dedicated in providing maximum benefits to car wash operators and their customers. Each day, their client’s equipment washes over 3 million vehicles in 35,000 locations across the globe.
Due to the development of their next generation of car wash systems, we have been retained to search for a HEAD OF ENGINEERING to join their Denver’s office. In this management role, you will lead a diverse engineering team in order to improve the existing product-line while developing the next system’s technology and design. This role will report directly to the COO North America and will interact greatly with counterparts in US, Canada and Europe.
The HEAD OF ENGINEERING is an experienced engineer (electrical preferred) who masters the entire product development cycle. High-energy, hands-on and tech savvy combined with charisma and great communication skills are the foundations for leading this division to success.
- Manage a team of nine engineers (electrical, mechanical, software, and AutoCAD)
- Develop, promote and execute the engineering strategy including short, medium- and long-term goals
- Improve existing car wash product-lines (rollovers, self-service & automated tunnel systems) as well as develop and oversee new options development & technology for a higher customer benefit
- Create engineering processes, practices and operations to ensure reproducibility by keeping high-quality products while complying with standards & certifications and keeping costs under control
- Manage an average of 15 to 20 small-, medium- and large- projects/developments per year
- Collaborate/exchange with R&D division of the European headquarters in regard to bring and adapt existing systems/designs used in Europe to the North American market
- Continuously monitor marketplace by exchanging with operators and learning from competitors in order to identify new business development opportunities
- Interact on a day-to-day basis w/ department including Production, Procurement, Supply Chain, Sales & Customer Services
- Drive hiring and performance review processes as well as goal setting for engineering team
- Inspire, Engage and Act with integrity to establish trust with all stakeholders
- Organize weekly team meetings to discuss projects progress and re-align mission if necessary
- Communicate and exchange development status to the Executive Leadership team (CEO, COO)
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, or relevant experience to be considered. PMP certification a plus
- 5 years’ experience in a similar management role of a R&D and/or Engineering division
- Extensive experience in Hardware (PLCs, Motors, AC/DC Inverters, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Mechanics) and all related Software (company’s own Programmable Automate)
- Strong knowledge of UL/IEC/ISO norms, certifications and standards related to this industry
- Proven experience managing teams in a multi-cultural & multi-locational environment
- Strong leadership, Project Management, Time Management and Problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels with clients and colleagues
- Flexible and Adaptable to change. Innovative with an out-of-the-box thought process
- Proactive, Curious, Solution-focused, Details-oriented, and very Organized
- Willingness to travel occasionally in North America and Europe (10-15%)
Location: Denver, CO
Remuneration: Great remuneration (base+bonus) and benefits package