The Head of Controlling leads the control team, overseeing all financial and operational activities and ensuring smooth execution of functions. The Head of Controlling plays an important role in the business and is a natural leader who motivates, manages, and controls the controlling department for the purpose of developing efficiency with a view of optimizing the business’ profitability. He ensures that all financial activities, records, and reports in the business accurately represent the business’ financial statements.
Budgeting, Forecasting & Planning:
Coordinate and manage the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, develop and implement other planning and control procedures and analyze and report variances.
Finance & Controlling:
Responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, internal control systems, accounting practices and the preparation of financial and performance reports. Prepare financial analyses of operations, including monthly and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
Financial reporting and business performance reviews. Prepare reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations. Recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance (profitability and capital employed).
REQUIREMENTS and QUALITIES
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- 7 years of relevant experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment
- Reliable, stable personality with hands-on mentality and flexibility
- Committed, service minded
- Good at navigating in an international environment
- Strong communicator
- Strong data analytical skills to support decision making
- High degree of autonomy, combining strong analytics with a pragmatic attitude
- Team-player, both internally, (locally and internationally), but also with relevant stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills
- SAP experience is important