- Excited to work for sustainability mobility with innovative electric vehicle charging solutions?
- Goal-oriented and do you feel energized by making a true difference?
Our client, Kempower, is seeking a driven Hardware Pre-Sales Engineer to support the company’s expansion into the US market where it will rapidly build a team and scale its operations to better serve current and future US-based customers.
As Hardware Pre-sales Engineer, you will be responsible for analyzing, developing, and proposing charging solutions by using information received from customers and the sales team. You will collaborate with the engineering team to provide technical information, cost calculations, and delivery time estimations in response to requests from the sales team. The ideal candidate is an energetic forward-thinking professional who enjoys a fast-paced and fast-growing environment. To be successful in this role you should be able to act as a project manager, following up with clients, and ensuring solutions meet customer expectations in a timely manner.
- Represent the company as a technical consultant at all organizational levels
- Define charging solution proposals and requirements for the sales team including product selections, cost calculations, and delivery time estimations
- Optimize the amount and quality of available information while working with the sales team to deliver solutions to meet client needs
- Attend sales meetings and provide information to support clients’ engineering, installation, and commissioning teams
- Educate customers on product functions and capabilities
- Manage the delivery of solutions from start to final release to customers
- Visit, inform and advise colleagues, customers, and third parties
- Collaborate with the sales team to provide technical information for RFI/RFQ/RFP responses
- Create and revise existing technical documentation based on specific needs
- Promote a supportive work environment that upholds Kempower’s values of Together, Impact, Integrity, and Courage
What We Expect from You
Your experience & education
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related field
- 5 years of experience in electrical/electronics, product development and management, and/or project management
- Experience in the automotive, EV, or EV charging space is a big plus
- Strong knowledge of general electrical, and construction codes and standards
- Experience with creating various documents including line diagrams and technical studies
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Skills, Traits & Style
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Affinity to problem-solving, troubleshooting, time-management, and multi-tasking
- Team-focused mindset, with great communication and cooperation skills
- A hands-on, open-minded, versatile, enthusiastic can-do attitude while embracing continuous learning
- French and/or Spanish proficiency is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestic
What We Offer Is More Than Just a Job
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of the fast-charging industry, and influence the future of electric transportation
- An open and flexible work culture where everyone’s voices are heard
Kempower is an electric vehicle DC (Level 3) Fast Charging company that designs and manufactures the best DC Fast Charging solutions and services for EVs all over the world. It is headquartered in Lahti, Finland, has a strong foothold in the Nordic countries and Europe, and is now expanding rapidly into the U.S. market.
The company primarily serves three segments: charge point operators, fleet operators, and OEMs. Kempower is best known for its user-friendly technology and dynamic and scalable power distribution: ONE Kempower power unit can provide power for up to EIGHT individual charging posts and can be adjusted to the needs of each vehicle.
Its unique charging management system, Kempower ChargEye™, is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, cloud-based system for charge point operators and retailers, bus and truck operators, and off-highway vehicle fleets. When Kempower chargers are connected to the ChargEye™ system, customers can easily monitor, manage, and diagnose the day-to-day operations of both the chargers and vehicles. ChargEye™ ensures that a commercial vehicle fleet is always ready for duty when needed while optimizing energy costs and managing battery health.
The Kempower Power Unit consists of power modules which makes it easily scalable: more modules can be added when demand grows, and power is needed. Moreover, maintaining and servicing the device is much easier compared to traditional chargers, which has a positive effect on charger uptime. For more information and inspiration, visit their website and watch this video.
For more information contact: Gunilla Girardo