Our client, a privately-owned company with global reach, is a recognized leader in the manufacturing of metal components that are high precision, high strength parts which are produced by using special process technology. The firm is among the world’s front-runner in various metallurgy applications. They work closely with customers to meet the challenges of the international automotive industry related to making vehicles more efficient, environmentally friendly and quieter. Their customers are guaranteed customized and cost-effective solutions, backed up by a global presence, years of development experience and quality standards. The company’s headquarters is located in the heart of Europe with over 5,000 dedicated employees globally and generating sales of over EUR 800M.
In this position, as a valued member of the sales team, you will be given the opportunity to initiate and manage outstanding sales activities within the newly to be penetrated industrial market outside of automotive applications. This is a pioneering chance to further develop your account and new acquisitions management skills, while using your expertise with metal applications. Your familiarity with advanced manufacturing, technical design and sintering process further augment your competencies. You will receive a great deal of freedom to manage and coordinate the new development of accounts globally and work closely with the R&D and application teams at headquarters.
With your sound commercial background, strong business acumen and above all a strong desire to succeed, you navigate well in complex high-level negotiations. You understand the particular needs and translate them into actionable business opportunities together with your colleagues.
Your high-energy level, flexibility, entrepreneurial drive, professionalism, and eagerness to succeed are most valued. Ambition and drive to continuously deliver better results and exceed expectations make you want to further assist the company in growing into this new sector with substantial potential. In this role, you will report directly to the senior sales leadership team based in Europe.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a technical/mechanical/metallurgical discipline (preferred)
- 4- 5 years experience in direct OEM/tiered supplier sales and account management within aerospace, medical, robotics or other industrial applications.
- Knowledge of sinter industry preferred.
- Good knowledge and affinity of metal applications and metallurgy.
- Established contacts to relevant accounts.
- Understand production processes, technical drawings and able to communicate with engineers and senior management on new business opportunities.
- Familiar with marketing, price building and legal liability.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a strategic sales action plans.
- Effective communicator with internal and external stakeholders and building consensus
- Demonstrated results in growing new accounts.
- Excellent face-to-face communication and presentation skills, tenacious, ability to convince and ‘close the deal’.
- Display original thinking and creativity, meet challenges with resourcefulness – thick skinned.
- Self-starting and self-motivated – willing to go the ‘extra mile’.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office suite)
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills.
- Affinity to problem solving, negotiating and time-management.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50-70% (globally).
- Strong track record in driving and delivering results.
- Proactive behavior, ‘hands on approach, taking initiative.
- Comfortable in an international and multicultural environment.
- Enthusiastic, energetic – team player.
- Loyal and dependable.
- Additional language skills such as German would be an asset.