For our client (ONA EDM) we are currently seeking a General Sales Manager to join the USA team.
We are looking for someone with at least 15 years of experience in business development in the Machine Tool and EDM industry. This a unique opportunity to positively impact the company’s overall sales by managing efficiently and effectively the relationships with current customers as well as expand the business in the assigned territory.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proven experienced sales-hunter. One who will be responsible for new business development and sales activities in the USA market.
Our client ONA EDM is a European company founded more than 60 years ago.
ONA EDM is pioneer in the development of EDM technologies, ONA is the world’s oldest EDM machine manufacturer, the European Union’s first and one of the world’s most important manufacturers.
A global technology leader in its industry, ONA’s technology has presence in the most competitive industries: Aerospace and aviation, automotive, micromachining, energy and molds. In addition to its portfolio of machines, our client provides integrated technology and maintenance services that significantly enhance customer quality and productivity
In the role of General Sales Manager, reporting to the European Management at the headquarters in Spain, you will be a valued member of the USA sales team. You will be given the opportunity to identify new business, develop and execute viable sales strategy in the market. Maintain existing business relationships within the Region and conduct regular product reviews with Channel partners and key account customers. You must have the ambition and drive to continuously deliver results and meet/exceed expectations to assist the company in gaining U.S. market share.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Establish good relations with customers, specially turbine component manufactures, turbine manufactures and plastic mold makers.
- Understand customer needs.
- Utilize CRM collect and analyze market information including competition in the assigned territories.
- Develop new sales channels, negotiating with local distributors, agents, technical partners.
- Develop solid customer relations and expand aggressively in the territory.
- Analyze main accounts and determine areas of development.
- Establish and maintain the customer relationship at different levels in the organization of customers in the assigned territories, from pre- sales, sales to machine installation and after-sales service.
- Provide practical technical solutions and technical advice to customers.
- Build up brand awareness and brand image in assigned territories.
- Prepare, implement and control the yearly, quarterly, and monthly working plan in USA reporting to the Management Team at the headquarters.
- Report the sales activity (quotes, visit to customers) ….
- Highly competitive compensation package.
- Excellent benefits
- Long term career opportunity with a fast growing, International organization.
- Bachelors’ degree. – Engineering background preferable.
- At least 15 of B2B Sales experience in high-precision machining tools/EDM industry with demonstrated sales results.
- Good technical know-how in EDM technology.
- Good contacts in turbines and plastic mold industries.
- Excellent customer relationship skills and effective communication skills.
- Social, organized, independent character with initiative.
- Team Management skills.
- Goal orientated.
- Proactivity and work ethics are excellent soft skills to possess.
- Ideally resides in Michigan.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Traveling 70%.
- Road warrior.