We are currently looking to fill our position of General Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and high-energy leader who will manage all aspects of plant operations (including Sales, Purchasing, HR, Operations, Production and Finance/Accounting) and have full P&L responsibility. The General Manager will report directly to the board of directors located in Europe.
This position in a great match for individuals with the drive, ambition, and ability to build and develop the organization, while also growing the team and the customer base.
With oversight of the plant in Michigan, the ideal candidate is comfortable in an international environment and will be a strategist and a leader who is able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with management team (HR, operations, production, procurement, quality, logistics, sales, marketing) to formulate the vision, set strategic goals, design and execute a plan of action.
- Maximize operational efficiency and customer satisfaction while maintaining world class quality performance.
- Manage P&L and collaborate with management to assure needs of financial reporting and records are accomplished continually.
- Coordinate industrial performance. Leverage the operational results and efficiency of the production’s support functions: procurement, logistics, quality, industrial operations.
- Define and deploy best practices.
- Build communication bridge between the US and headquarters in Europe.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical Bachelor with minor in Business; MBA a plus
- 5 years of management/leadership position in a small to medium sized manufacturing company;
ideally with a reporting structure to a European HQ
- Experience in Industrial/Electrical field is a huge plus
- Strong sales record with a passion for building relationships with current customers,
winning new business, gaining market share, and a strong ability to close deals
- Strong understanding of corporate finance & strategies; P&L management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as strong presentation skills
- Pro-active, highly-motivated, entrepreneurial, analytical, and detail-oriented
- Open-minded with experience working in a multi-cultural organization
- Willing and able to travel internationally 30-40%
- Competitive base pay depending on qualifications and experience
- Significant bonus potential based on performance
- Health Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid PTO time
- Paid Holidays
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance