Silon, with global headquarters in the Czech Republic, is a recognized leader in producing technical compounds and polyester staple fibers of the highest quality. Since its founding in 1950, Silon has been successfully serving the automotive, construction and hygiene industries. The company’s innovative drive, R&D and uncompromising demand for quality underlines its strong market presence with about 600 dedicated employees worldwide and sales of approx. $185M. With their new production facilities, to better serve the promising North American market, Silon is looking for a highly driven, inspiring and results oriented General Manager.
You are an individual who is a commercially orientated leader that will be able to strategically define Silon’s continued successful growth within the North American market. In this challenging roe, you will be working closely with the global headquarters in the Czech Republic and be responsible for spearheading new business development initiatives in this exciting market, as well as to manage the day to day operation of the U.S. facility. You will receive a lot of freedom to further implement your big picture skills by mapping out sales strategies and setting up a business plan. Your passion for developing nationwide sales efforts, to expand incremental revenue and achieve profitable volume growth has helped you establish a proven track record of securing projects by closing deals. Your extensive managerial experience and intrinsic leadership skills will be valuable assets to grow and optimize the operations. As a leader in its industry, Silon is in full expansion mode and this is a great opportunity to further enhance your sales and business management acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree in material sciences, chemical engineering, business management or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years demonstrated high level technical sales and management experience, preferably in the automotive or construction industry.
- Six Sigma belt certification an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of business key figures and sales processes as well as experience with financial/forecasting
- Skilled in oral and written communication within an intercultural
- Familiar with IATF 19949 technical specification and requirements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Focus on customer orientation and satisfaction.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a ‘hands-on’ attitude, coupled with the ability to motivate others to achieve results.
- Strong commitment to the professional development and mentoring of
- Additional language skills such as German or Spanish would be an asset.