- Passionate about innovative and technically advanced solutions in the storage and warehousing sector?
- Ambitious to lead a team and grow the business in North-America for an International company?
Our client, NEDCON, an International company in the storage, warehousing and transportation industry, is seeking a new General Manager North-America, to lead and grow the company’s US subsidiary, reporting directly up to the HQ (CEO) in the Netherlands. The company is known for high-quality and advanced storage systems.
The General manager North America has full responsibility for the direct North America business: our own Nedcon North America office and employees, sales and execution performance, customer and supplier relationship management, project management support and a production plant, with a primary focus on business development.
Although Nedcon USA is a separate entity and business unit within the Nedcon group, there is a large degree of cooperation with and support from, other Nedcon business units. (i.e. XL Projects and Realization) In that same context, the project leadership of large projects from European customers is with the European Nedcon organization and will be a collaborative effort.
- Develop, implement and execute business plan/strategy.
- Relationship management with clients and prospects.
- All personnel management in all departments.
- Organize proper support for International projects from Nedcon B.V. (Europe).
- Growing and developing all team leaders and employees.
- Optimize supply chain, support and process improvement efforts to support the organization.
- Full responsibilities over the results and reports of the North American subsidiary.
- Active involvement in bidding process, market development scans, competitor products, and overall product innovation initiatives.
- All tasks and responsibilities that can be expected from a General Manager for a small sized subsidiary within and International company.
What We Expect from You
Your experience & education
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field of study. MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in a managerial role.
- At least 5 years of experience with P&L responsibilities, overseeing a business unit or company.
- You have a commercial track record, with proven business growth.
- Experience and understanding of the warehousing, supply chain, and storage sector is preferred.
- Commercial experience in a project driven organization, working with capital equipment preferred.
- Extra nice if you have experience with end responsibility over a small manufacturing operation.
Skills, Traits & Style
- Since this position reports to a board at HQ overseas, a high level of performance in an autonomous setting is necessary.
- Has a keen eye on competitions’ products and business practices.
- Committed to prompt communication, going the extra mile and willing to learn.
- Ability to grow and establish a team culture and positive work environment.
- Leads by example.
What We Offer Is More Than Just a Job
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- The opportunity to join an innovative and successful global organization.
- A relocation package is offered for this position.
- The freedom and autonomy to shape your own future, and that of your team.
- Salary Range: $160k – $185k range
- Bonus: Up to 20%
- Relocation package offered
- Good benefits
Since the early days of NEDCON in 1969, we have accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience with storage systems. From manual warehouse racks and semi-automatic systems, to an integral approach for complex and automated warehouse layouts. Since 2004, NEDCON has been an independent part of the international steel concern voestalpine. The NEDCON head office is located in the Netherlands. In addition, we have our own manufacturing location in Pardubice (Czech Republic) and there are NEDCON subsidiaries in various European countries and in the United States.