On behalf of our client, Waste Management, Inc., we are currently seeking a 2nd shift Fleet Maintenance Supervisor for their location in Wheeling, IL. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented technical supervisor, with experience in supervising a team of mechanics in an automotive repair shop or truck servicing environment.
Experience with fleet maintenance highly preferred.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. The company is strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism, and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects
In this position, you will report to the District Fleet Manager. You will supervise and provide direct leadership for a team of 17 full-time employees including technicians, mechanics, and clerks on 2nd shift (2pm – 11pm). You will manage the workflow in the maintenance shop and assign tasks among the team accordingly. The facility in Wheeling is a large shop with 12 bays and 130+ trucks and assets, most of which are CNG vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you need to have a solid heavy truck maintenance background, good computer skill, and supervisory experience.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop.
• Coordinate and supervise all maintenance work and repairs and monitor progress and quality.
• Review driver repairs and other maintenance requests and prepare work order documents.
• Performs mechanical duties as needed.
• Monitor inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
• Oversee personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provide input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
• Interpret and ensure consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
• Create and submit reports as necessary.
• Competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
• Great career opportunity with growing national company.
• $7,500 Sign-on Bonus
• Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. (accredited)
• Four (4) years of relevant experience including people management.
• Automotive repair shop or truck servicing experience.
• Experience working in fleet maintenance setting highly preferred.
• Good communication skills, verbal and written.
• Must be very organized and able to multitask.
• Good leadership skills, team builder and motivator.