About this vacancy
On behalf of one of our international clients, a global Tier 1 automotive supplier, YER USA is looking for an experienced Finance Manager for the production facility in Southfield, MI.
The role as a Financial Business Partner offers a unique opportunity to perform a critical and cross-functional role within a highly engaged international team with ambitious business targets. You will be responsible to collect, adjust, and scrutinize financial information from all areas of the company to ensure that all activities are performed in accordance with the company policy and specific legislative requirements. The position reports indirectly to the Manager Regional Controlling (functionally) based in Buford, GA and directly to a local GM (disciplinary). In this key role, you will be working closely with different senior managers, the FSSC (Financial Shared Service Center) team based out of Buford, as well as with company headquarters in Germany. Our client is looking for an ambitious SAP expert with a strong financial background in a fast-paced manufacturing (ideally automotive) environment who needs minimal guidance or training.
Main tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage internal costing including standard costing.
- Prepare production order variance analyses (BOM, routing, price, consumption).
- Prepare deviation analysis of month-end financial report vs. target.
- Analyze product costing profitability, on plant level and on profit center level.
- Ensure accurate master data by analyzing material consumption and pricing.
- Monitor physical inventory to ensure accuracy and timely disposition of materials.
- Prepare cost and variance analysis reports, as well as KPI reports.
- Assist in maintaining SAP Accounting System (SAP CO), i.e., interaction with Materials, updating system with current information, costs, etc.
- Manage month-end closing CO process.
- Prepare monthly forecasting and budget planning.
- Prepare board meeting slides.
- Act as contact person for internal and external audits in the controlling area.
- Cooperate with FSSC (Finance Shared Service Center) and follow standard processes.
- Support plant to meet global, regional, and local plant KPI’s.
- Completed degree (Bachelor) in the field of finance/accounting, or comparable field.
- 10+ years of financial experience, and 5 years of senior controller/cost accountant manager experience in an international manufacturing environment. Preferably in Automotive.
- Management experience in leading a team.
- Experience in dealing with financial auditors.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and conflict-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently. Good team player.
- Proficient in Excel. SAP CO is mandatory.
- Experience working in an international Matrix organization.