Our European client has developed a breakthrough technology to recover landfill gas into biomethane, also called Renewable Natural Gas (RNG). They have developed landfill gas upgrading units that can deliver high-quality biomethane, regardless of the quality of the raw biogas.
The Finance Director is a key contributor to the success of the company in the USA and will be working closely with the executive team. He/She will be building the finance department, implementing processes and policies. This position reports to the CTO and head of operations in North America.
The main responsibilities of the Director of Finance are:
- Oversee financial planning and accounting activities for the client
- Coordinate timely reporting with Global HQ in Europe
- Personally review and approve all Form 8-K, 10-K, and 10-Q filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Identifies risks to the organization’s financial health and provide recommendations
- Ownership of cash sheet, balances; supervisor of controller activities
- Represent the company with investment banks and maintain vital banking relationships
- Create an operating budget, a capital expenditures budget report results (actual vs. budget) to management on a quarterly basis.
- Works with the executive team to coordinate long term planning for the client
- Experience with energy infrastructure/renewables and a real understanding of LCFS credits and Rewewable Identification numbers will be given preference.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a finance role
- MBA or Master’s in Finance/Accounting
- Accounting audit experience (Big 4 experience will be a plus)
- Proficiency in financial management – corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget preparation
- Experience with project financing
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP; IFRS will be given preference
- Must be autonomous and highly organized
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Able to manage complex transactions; sound financial acumen
- Be Passionate about renewables/environmental issues
- Able to work with colleagues globally