We are currently seeking an ambitious Field Service Technician for one of our international clients in the greater New York City area. This is an excellent opportunity for a reliable and hands-on individual with smooth customer service skills.
In the role of Field Service Technician, you will provide excellent customer service for the company. The objectives range from in-house phone support, maintenance and parts recommendations to installing, maintaining and overseeing the company’s products at its customer base. In addition, re-designing existing machinery and implementing new operating techniques in the field can be part of the job. This opportunity provides a lot of variety and exposure to different clients. This is a very attractive position with excellent compensation potential for candidates who like the challenge of facing technical issues in front of demanding customers.
- Services, maintains, repairs and installs foam cutting equipment
- Meets customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and follows up with customers
- Provides information regarding policies and procedures, terms and programs relating to service area for outside customers.
- Provides a technical leadership role while working with customers.
- Analyzes customer data and test results and prepares related summaries and recommendations.
- Provides high level technical on-site support for all machines to customers. Resolves any issues related to software, hardware and configuration
- Phone support and remote diagnostics for our client’s machinery
- Effectively communicates and obtains the appropriate data needed to resolve the service call
- Interfaces with other engineers to resolve customer issues
- Responds to urgent after-hours customer calls as necessary
- Researches solutions to technical problems and recommends cost effective resolution approaches
- Participates in large engineering projects by completing multiple tasks
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering desired
- 3-5 years related field service experience preferred
- Solid mathematical skills and computer skills
- Solid management skills, including trip planning and organizing, decision making and problem solving
- Ability to build effective working relationships with managers, supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents and to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions
- Fluent (oral and written) in English; additional skills in third language appreciated
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel frequently to customer locations.
Our client is a global organization which specializes in automated, industrial cutting equipment. Their projects range from stand-alone systems to customized plant engineering solutions with revenues of $250K+ to $3M respectively. With over 300 employees worldwide, the company ranks among the leaders worldwide in its field. Their North American headquarter is located in the Greater New York City area.