On behalf of our client, Starrag USA Inc., we are currently seeking a Field Service Technician who will be servicing existing and new customers throughout North America with a focus on the Midwest. The position is home-based, but travel will be consistent and spontaneous and sometimes can be at 100% including some weekends as required by the job. At least three years of experience in the servicing, assembly, repair, or installation of electro-mechanical equipment is required.
Starrag Group is a global technology leader in manufacturing high-precision machine tools for milling, turning, boring and grinding workpieces of metallic, composite and ceramic materials. Principles customers are internationally active companies in the Aerospace and Turbines, Industrial and Transportation as well as Luxury Goods and Med Tech sectors. In addition to its portfolio of machine tools, Starrag Group provides integrated technology and maintenance services that significantly enhance customer quality and productivity. Starrag USA Inc., headquartered in Hebron, KY, is the sales and service entity for Starrag in North America.
Company website: https://www.starrag.com/en-us
In the role of Field Service Technician, you will provide customer support for both installed systems as well as for new installations. You will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug electro-mechanical equipment and take responsibility for continued customer satisfaction. This opportunity provides a lot of variety and exposure to different customers in North America. Frequent travel, sometimes up to 100%, will be required and the physical requirements will include the ability to work in a loud production environment and to climb in, on, and under machines and work in awkward positions. You will receive extensive onboarding training including 2-3 weeks of training at one of the company’s manufacturing facilities in Europe.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Perform the mechanical, electrical and electronic servicing of machine tools and machining centers manufactured by Starrag at the customer location.
- Communicate effectively with customers in both verbal and written form.
- Conduct hands-on training for customer personnel on the utilization and basic troubleshooting of equipment upon request.
- Support customer personnel by providing technical knowledge and expertise on the equipment.
- Provide technical support to customer personnel regarding the inventory of critical spare parts and convey knowledge on the use of spare parts catalog.
- Be prepared and ready for service assignments on short notice.
- Prepare service reports accurately and submit biweekly or more frequently if necessary.
- Perform work assignments in a safe and responsible manner.
- Represent the company professionally and conduct business with tact and diplomacy.
- Highly competitive compensation and excellent generous benefits package.
- Great career opportunity with a growing international company.
- Extensive training on Starrag equipment including 2-3 weeks training at a manufacturing site in Europe
- High school diploma. Associate degree or technical college degree preferred in a mechanical or electrical application.
- At least three years of experience in the servicing, assembly, repair, or installation of electro-mechanical equipment – preferred.
- Have a literate knowledge of PC and MS Office products.
- Experience in working in a service environment preferred.
- Good customer relationship skills and effective communication skills.
- Self-starter who can work with little direct supervision.
- Able to lift heavy equipment and work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Willing and able to travel for extended periods of the time, mainly by airplane.
- Live relatively close to a major airport.
Desired experience, knowledge, skillset:
- Knowledge of Renishaw ML10, XL80 laser systems. Understanding of measuring and
- Knowledge of Renishaw Ball bar systems.
- Use of precision electronic levels. Stone angles, indicators, and other measuring instruments.
- Ability to understand and inspect machine tool geometry (Alignments).
- Background in basic machine operation and part programming.
- Knowledge of Siemens 840D CNC controls Powerline (and or) Solution line.
- Knowledge of Fanuc 16i 31i CNC controls.
- Trained in theory and principals of mechanical/hydraulic systems.
- Able to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic diagrams.