A crucial role in the USA, Canada, and Mexico supporting advanced technology and solutions for the sheet metal industry for our 40Plus-year international manufacturer.
- Exceptional Compensation and benefits
- Reports to Country Manager
- Location – Remote
- Industrial Automation Industry
- Travel – up to 75%
- International Work Environment
Our client is a European privately-owned company and provides technology and quality in the manufacturing of roll forming and production systems. For over 40 years the company has been designing, manufacturing and delivering customized solutions for sheet metal working with applications in construction, interior finishing, HVAC, sun shading, air treatment, furniture, lighting, logistics, etc. Our client strongly encourages individual growth to make the whole team stronger and reliable for its customers. Moreover, the company has the vision of delivering state-of-the-art industrial automation by continuously investing in R&D and enhancing production processes to achieve the highest customer satisfaction and innovative solutions.
The Field Service Technician will have the unique opportunity to work from a home office by providing phone assistance for any customer’s issue. When specific support will be required, you will travel to the customers’ location. Your exceptional technical skills and customer orientation will allow you to provide excellent service support for high-quality and high-tech automated machinery. Your outstanding problem- solving skills combined with a great ability to diagnose will positively impact the customers’ performance requirements and satisfaction while developing strong customer relationships.
You will be initially trained in Italy and then cross-trained with experienced technicians. After the training period, you will start operating in the field by traveling with the company car or flying depending on the distance. Moreover, you will be working independently and with little supervision. Traveling will be expected throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Your responsibility will also include producing timely and detailed service reports, cooperating with the technical team in Italy, and sharing information across the company.
This is a crucial role for the company and you will have access to all the necessary assistance in order to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronic or equivalent is mandatory.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and to work on electrical components.
- Experience in assisting customers over the phone on technical issues.
- Experience in hydraulic and pneumatic machinery.
- Ability to train customers’ personnel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures as well as to write professional reports, and proof read.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM programs (additional training provided).
- Must be flexible to constant change and well organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize; exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be capable of traveling domestically and internationally.
- Knowledge of Italian language is a plus, but not mandatory.