In this position as Field Service Technician, you will receive the opportunity to utilize your technical and electro-mechanical experience to perform installation of new and used equipment and perform planned inspections and maintenance on our client’s welding machinery in the US, Canada and Mexico. You will also be responsible for breakdown service visits and troubleshoot equipment when needed. In addition, you will install machine upgrades (control upgrades, electrical upgrades, and mechanical upgrades) and use your extensive knowledge to provide operator training on mesh welding and provide expert advice and services on installations to Schlatter’s clients.
You are a seasoned Field Service “veteran”. Your passion for inspecting and repairing electro-mechanical equipment will be crucial to your success with Schlatter. With an extensive onboarding program, you will supplement your knowledge about all aspects of complex machinery and their control systems in various industries. Last but not least you will be joining a top-notch team!
- Installation of new and used Schlatter wire resistance welding equipment
- Installing upgrades and accessories on existing equipment (controls, electrical, mechanical)
- Breakdown service: Troubleshooting existing Schlatter resistance welding equipment
- Provide customer support via phone when requested
- Operator training: Preparing in-house machine demonstrations for customers when requested
- Submitting expense & installation reports within 48 hours after completion of a job
- Submitting personnel time sheets no later than the last day of the month
Schlatter North America (www.schlattergroup.com) with global headquarters in Schlieren, Switzerland and U.S. office in Rockford, IL is one of the leading system providers in the wire industry, track construction and the PMC industry for over 100 years. The firm is a world leader in plant manufacturing for resistance welding machines and weaving machines for special applications
- Electrically and mechanically trained, preferably with a B.S.
- 10 years of relevant experience with machine operations
- Able to read electrical schematics
- Extensive knowledge of Siemens S5 & S7-300 Simatic Control Systems and PLC Systems
- Knowledgeable of IndraDrive, Lenze, EcoDrive & B & R Drive Systems
- Preference for experience with welding machines
- Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work independently
- Spanish and/or German language skills are a plus
- Good communication and customer relations skills
- Retain a levelheaded attitude under tight time constraints and stressful situations
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60-70% (some international)