On behalf of one of our international clients, manufacturer of packaging and logistics systems for pallet load units and large containers, I am currently searching an experienced Field Service Technician based out of the Greater Atlanta Area.
For further growth and continued success the Field Service Technician will be given the opportunity to help install, commission, and service our client within the packaging machinery in the US, Canada, and Mexico (primarily the US).This is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on and driven candidate who can wear multiple hats, wants to be part of a growing company and feels comfortable in a family atmosphere.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assembly of large, complicated machines up to commissioning, training of the customer and final acceptance of the machine
- Providing maintenance of customers’ machines according to service checklists
- Basic skills in mechanical and electrical installations
- Replacing spare parts and pursuing modification on existing machines at the customer’s site
- Continuous improvement of the work environment per discussion & agreement with Service Manager
- On-call duty during commissioning phases
- On-call duty in rotation with colleagues
- Working under the direction of the project manager during project installation & commissioning
Since the company was founded in 1975 in Kleve, Germany, our client has become a leading supplier of end-of-line packaging machinery in a variety of industries. With more than 500 employees world-wide and production and/or sales & service locations in Germany, Hungary, France, China and the U.S., the company has proven itself as one of the top addresses for packaging machines for pallet load security. The U.S. headquarters, established in 1984, is located in Acworth, GA and has a team of ~ 25 professionals.
- Engineering degree in electrical or automation engineering, or certified engineering technician
- Work experience with systems and machinery- Allen-Bradley experience a must
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office
- Willing to work within a team and independently
- Analytical Thinker
- Willing to travel up to 75%
- Electrical wiring and mechanical aptitude necessary