Our client, Prima Power North America, is an Italian global manufacturer leading specialist in machines and systems for sheet metal working. Their offering in this field is one of the widest and covers all applications: laser processing, punching, shearing, bending, automation. Undisputed leader in 3D laser machines, Prima Power North America is the main world player in the 2D laser segment with a wide range of top performance and highly efficient machines used in a multitude of fields all around the globe. Their family of highly advanced servo-electric solutions for punching, bending and integrated processes is the widest in the world, marketed under the slogan “Energy in Efficient Use”.
The Field Service Technician will be a key part of a technical service support team that provides on-site, telephonic, and email support to customers. As a Service Technician, you would travel most of your time to customer locations primarily in the USA to perform on-site training, installations, repairs, and maintenance.
THE CANDIDATES PROFILE
- You are a dynamic, traveling technician preferably with some experience in the machine tool industry.
- Capable and skilled in electrical measurement and inspection techniques (such as Voltmeter, Oscilloscope, and other measurement equipment), you possess a working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulics, and electrical system.
- As Service Technician, you have competent skills in reading schematics, using test equipment, reading software coding to diagnose problems, experiences in AC and DC control circuits, sensors, switches, etc.
- You have also experience in troubleshooting problems with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical components.
- Good knowledge of Windows-based computers and how to troubleshoot PC problems is required. As well as the use of Windows PC for programming control devices. Computer hardware, Bios, operating systems, networking, CAD/CAM experience, or CNC programming skills are a plus.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Travel to the customer site to diagnose complex technical problems and perform on-site repair
- Examine machines both mechanically and electrically, perform repairs by dismantling machines and
- New product installations including equipment start-up, functional testing, and customer training are performed.
- Perform software updates on HMI and PLC (including Siemens ESA, Twincat 2&3)
- Effectively interpret schematics and block diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot problem products.
- Document in detail product problems and resolutions
- Serve as a professional company representative providing exceptional customer service while at customer locations or while in any service support role.