- Excellent compensation package & benefits!
- Based out of home office (near major airport, anywhere east of Mississippi)
- Wire resistance welding machinery
- Installing, maintenance & upgrades (control, electrical, mechanical)
- Installing new and used equipment, troubleshooting & repairs
- Scheduled preventive maintenance & inspections and system upgrades
- Providing operator training
In this position as Field Service Engineer, you will receive the opportunity to utilize your technical and electro-mechanical experience to perform installation of new and used equipment and perform planned inspections and maintenance on our client’s welding machinery in the US, Canada and Mexico. You will also be responsible for breakdown service visits and troubleshoot equipment when needed. In addition, you will install complex capital equipment upgrades (control upgrades, electrical upgrades, and mechanical upgrades) where you use your extensive technical knowledge. Operator training on mesh welding machinery, as well as providing expert advice with top notch service delivery to Schlatter’s diverse set of clients further augment you’re your scope of duties.
You are a seasoned Field Service “veteran”. Your passion for inspecting and repairing electro-mechanical equipment will be crucial to your success with Schlatter to play a key role. With an extensive onboarding program (domestic & international), you will supplement your knowledge about all aspects of Schlatter’s specialty machinery and their control systems within various industries. Last but not least, you will be joining a team of true passionate professionals!
- Installation of new and used Schlatter wire resistance welding equipment
- Installing upgrades and accessories on existing equipment (controls, electrical, mechanical)
- Breakdown & maintenance service: Troubleshooting existing Schlatter resistance welding equipment
- Provide comprehensive customer support via phone
- Operator training: Preparing in-house machine demonstrations and application sessions to customers
- Submitting expense & installation reports within 48 hours after completion of a job
- Submitting personnel time sheets no later than the last day of the month
Schlatter North America (www.schlattergroup.com) with global headquarters in Schlieren, Switzerland and U.S. office in Rockford, IL is one of the leading system providers in the wire industry, track construction and the PMC industry for over 100 years. The firm is a world leader in plant manufacturing for top quality resistance welding and weaving machines for special applications with over 400 units installed in the U.S.
- Electrically and mechanically trained, preferably with a B.S.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with Capital Equipment installations/maintenance
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics and systems
- Good knowledge of Control and PLC Systems (Siemens S5 & S7-300 Simatic preferred)
- Knowledgeable of IndraDrive, Lenze, EcoDrive & B & R Drive Systems
- Preference for experience with welding machines
- Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work independently
- Spanish and/or German language skills are a plus
- Good communication and customer relations skills
- Retain a levelheaded attitude under tight time constraints and stressful situations
- Ability and willingness to travel 80% + (some international)