- $100k+ total earning potential!
- Based out of Home Office (near major airport, Carolinas location preferred)
- High-end Precision CNC Machines and Automation Systems (milling & turning)
- 1/3 installing new equipment
- 1/3 scheduled preventive maintenance, training
- 1/3 ad hoc, service visits, repairs
In this position as Field Service Engineer, you will receive the opportunity to utilize your technical, electro-mechanical and hydraulic experience to perform planned inspections and maintenance on our client’s CNC machinery. Your secondary function is to assist with the installation of newly sold and engineered machinery. On-call troubleshooting is the final element in this role. All three elements consume an equal amount of time in this job. This position provides you with a planned schedule as much as possible, but flexibility will be required.
Your passion for inspecting and repairing complex and high tech CNC machinery will be crucial to your success with Hermle. With an extensive onboarding program in the USA and Germany, you will supplement your knowledge about all aspects of high precision machine tools and their automation in various industries. Equipped with this knowledge, you will provide Hermle’s customers with expert advice and services on their installations, with regard to maintenance, spare parts, process, and all other facets of Hermle’s machinery.
The Hermle Machine Company (www.hermlemachine.com) with global headquarters in Gosheim Germany and U.S. headoffice near Milwaukee, WI is a market leader in the production of the finest true 5-axis milling machines.
Openness, honesty, teamwork, pragmatism and entrepreneurship and are keywords in describing the company culture.
- Electrically and mechanically trained, preferably with a B.S. or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of Siemens and Heidenhain control systems
- Preference for experience in 5-axis milling machines
- Understanding of metals, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- 4+ years of service experience
- Good communication and customer relations skills.
- Retain a levelheaded attitude under tight time constraints and stressful situations.
- Able to understand all technical aspects of CNC machinery with an emphasis on milling.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 95% (some international)
- Good general knowledge Software and Microsoft Office Suite and
- Demonstrated loyalty and trustworthy