A crucial role in the US & Canada supporting advanced PLC & Servo Motion technology for 400+ per minute liquid filling, capping and associated support equipment for a well-established, 50-year family-owned international manufacturer.
|· Exceptional Compensation and benefits||· Reports to Technical Service Manager|
|· Location – Atlanta area||· Packaging Machinery Industry|
|· Travel – up to 80%||· International Work Environment|
Our client is a European privately-owned company, delivering customized flexible solutions for the constantly changing requirements of the consumer liquid packaging industry. The US headquarters is located just outside Atlanta. The company is continually striving for growth and success, while maintaining a strong, positive workforce with a vision to deliver state-of-the-art packaging automation by constantly investing in R&D, employee development, and enhanced production processes to achieve the highest customer satisfaction and innovative solutions.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will have the opportunity to provide excellent service support for high quality, high tech PLC/Servo based automated packaging machinery. Your superb customer service skills and ability to diagnose combined with problem solving skills will positively impact the customers’ performance requirements and satisfaction while developing strong customer relationships.
You will be cross-trained with experienced technicians and after the training period you will start operating on the field by traveling 80% of the time working independently and with little supervision. The travels all over US and Canada will be Monday through Friday and you will manage all onsite installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks. There will be some occasional travel to Italy, typically twice a year for 1-2 weeks at the time. Your responsibility will also include to produce timely and detailed service reports, cooperate with the technical team and share information across the company.
This is a crucial role for the company and you will have access to all of the necessary company assistance and help to properly support customers.
- Electrical Engineering Degree required. At least Associate degree.
- Work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- 0-2 years of electro-mechanical and PLC experience.
- Troubleshooting knowledge of Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC is a must.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write professional reports, and proof read.
- Proficiency to use Microsoft Office suite to prepare and maintain various documents and reports.
- Knowledge of American Standard to Metric Standard conversions.
- Must be flexible to constant change and well organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize; exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be capable of traveling domestically and internationally as well as participate in various training and developmental opportunities.