For our international client we are currently searching for a Field Service Engineer, under the supervision of the Director of Technical Services, to cover the Midwest based out of a home office location within a 50 miles radius of Chicago, IL. In the role of the Field Service Engineer, you will provide customer support for both installed systems as well as for new installations. You will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug electro-mechanical equipment and take responsibility for continued customer satisfaction. This opportunity provides a lot of variety and exposure to different clients, territories and various industries with 80% travel. The candidate must be comfortable in facing technically challenging situations and tackle them head on in a demanding customer environment.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Installation, integration, start-up and commissioning of dynamic checkweighing and catchweighing, x-ray scanning, metal detectors and serialization (Track & Trace) systems across North America and some international travel areas.
- Support preparation and verification of our client’s systems.
- Carry out preventive maintenance, repairs, upgrades and/or modifications of existing machines and systems on
- customer’s request.
- Work with customer personnel and assume responsibility for continued customer satisfaction.
Our client is a global provider of dynamic weighing & product inspection systems, developing unique machine solutions and technologies for OEM and end customers in the food and pharmaceutical industries from the German headquarters in Kaiserslautern, Germany. The US Headquarters is situated in Lawrenceville, GA where it serves as a Sales, Marketing, Service,and Spare Parts office for all North America. The US office currently employs a staff of 60.
- Degree in Associates of Applied Engineering (A.S.); Bachelor degree in Engineering (B.Eng.); or Electrical Engineering (B.E.E.) preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Some college course work or working toward completion of an Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree will also be considered. Additionally, any equivalent industry experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical, problem solving skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of IPC serial and Ethernet communication, I/O Interface, ability to read electrical schematics
- Must be able to work in extreme environments and lift heavy objects
- Must be self-starter, work well without supervision, and accept responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and to keep the situation under control (mentally and technically)
- Continuously strive to improve product knowledge and understanding of technology
- Display a professional attitude and a commitment to the organization and customer satisfaction
- German and/or Spanish language skills are beneficial, but not mandatory
- Home office location needs to be within a 50 miles radius of Chicago, IL
- Travel requirements approx. 80% of the time. Domestic and international travel required.
- Must always have a current passport.
- Availability for on-call duty for either phone support or to be dispatched to service visit
- Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. It is a salary plus overtime position.
- There are bonus opportunities and a competitive benefits program.