A crucial role in the US supporting an innovative manufacturer of technologically advanced tube and sheet metal fabricating solutions.
|· Location – Detroit area or remote based||· Cutting and Bending Machinery Industry|
|· Travel – up to 90% (USA and/or Canada)||·|
Our client is a privately-owned European company that provides industry-leading manufacturers with solutions for tube bending, laser tube cutting, wire bending, flat sheet laser cutting, and bending. The US headquarters is in the Detroit Metro Area. The applications go from Aerospace to Automotive, from Furniture to HVAC, and from Construction to Appliances. Moreover, our client is continually striving for growth and success, while maintaining a strong, positive workforce with a vision to deliver state-of-the-art automation by constantly investing in R&D, employee development, and enhanced production processes to achieve the highest customer satisfaction and innovative solutions.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will have the opportunity to provide excellent service support for high-quality, high-tech CNC machinery. Your superb customer service skills and ability to diagnose issues combined with high-level problem-solving skills will positively impact the customers’ performance requirements and satisfaction while developing strong customer relationships.
After the initial training period, you will start operating in the field by traveling an average of 90% of the time working independently and with little supervision. During your trips, you will manage all onsite installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks. When not traveling, you will support customers troubleshooting equipment through phone calls and connecting remotely to the machine. Your responsibility will also include producing timely and detailed service reports, cooperating with the technical team, and sharing information across the company.
The benefits and compensation include:
- $40-50/hr. plus overtime ($105K-115K first year) + yearly bonus based on company performance
- Two full-coverage Health insurance options.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Company 401K (or Roth 401k) with a 6% employer match.
- The company pays 100% for Life/AD&D, Short-term, and Long-term disability premiums.
- Yearly Performance Review.
- 1 additional day off during the month of your birthday.
- Company credit card for all travel expenses (airfare, rental car, hotel, etc.)
- Highest allowable per diem for meals as per government regulations paid tax-free every pay period (Currently $59 per day without having to provide receipts or expense reports. Cash Reimbursement tax-free)
- Tuition reimbursement, employee suggestion program, newborn baby/family program.
- No work travel during the weekend.
- Associate degree or equivalent electro-mechanical experience.
- Previous experience in the cutting and bending machinery industry is a huge plus.
- Work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision as well as in a team.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write professional reports and proofread.
- Proficiency to use Microsoft Office suite to prepare and maintain various documents and reports.
- Must be able to adapt well to change and be very organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize them accordingly; exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be capable of traveling as well as participating in various training and developmental opportunities.
For more information please contact: Gianluca Caragiuli