Our client GRAM Equipment is a proud Danish company operating globally as the leading supplier to the global ice cream industry. Constantly, they focus on combining their know-how with the newest developments within automation, design, and machinery. The highly skilled employees are the most valuable asset and what enables them in reaching present and future company goals. By means of knowledge, skills, and experience, they customize their machinery, enabling their customers to manufacture unique products.
The history of GRAM goes far back to the beginning of 1990 where Danish Hans Gram started a smithy business in the countryside which developed into a huge industrial success. Gram soon became known for its excellent qualities within freezing and cooling techniques and in 1930 when ice cream was introduced into Denmark Gram supplied the first automatic machine for manufacturing of ice creams and ice bar sticks. Fast forward to 1999 where GRAM Equipment was established and developed into a leading supplier of equipment and solutions for the ice cream industry worldwide – a position what was strengthened in 2014 when GRAM Equipment acquired Waukesha/Cherry Burrel (WCB). You can learn much more online at www.gram-equipment.com
On behalf of Gram Equipment, we are searching for a Field Service Engineers to work globally, so if you are looking for a unique opportunity to join a global market leader in the ice cream industry and would like to build an exciting career from a globally visible position, and at the same time having a lot of opportunities for professional and personal development this might be the right opportunity for you!
The primary responsibility of this position is to service Gram Equipment installed in the Americas. You will be traveling 180-210 days per year and enjoy 8-12 weeks off per year. As FSE you will be focusing on:
- Equipment installation and commissioning setup/startup
- Disassembly rebuild and reassembly of machinery
- Repairs, service and commissioning on mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment
- Maintenance and fault detection on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Technical support of the customer on-site
- Performing all scheduled maintenances / Inspections and preparation of service reports
- Deliver service products and support to our customers to maximize their system performance
- Interface with customers to establish and maintain a continuous positive relationship as well as follow-up with customers concerns and problems
- Commissioning of equipment at the customer and able to carry out customer training
To be successful in the role you will need following Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong mechanical skills with good working knowledge of electrical controls
- 5-7 years of practical experience with hands-on skills using hand tools disassembly and repair of machinery
- Basic machining skills including drilling, tapping, milling and Lathe work
- Basic knowledge of AB software and PLC programming, HMI, upload /download
- Work experience preferred in food handling equipment in the Ice cream and dairy processing. industry, commissioning and or maintenance mechanic work
- Good knowledge of pneumatic systems
You need to have strong Automation skills and Rockwell experience. You will need the ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics, including:
- Know how to use a digital multimeter
- Be able to program, download, go online and troubleshoot Rockwell Automation PLC’s and HMI’s.
- Experienced working with the following Rockwell Automation hardware: SLC-500 PLC’s, ControlLogix PLC’s, GuarLogix PLC’s, CompactLogix PLC’s, Point IO over Ethernet, Panelview standard, Panelview Component, Panelview Plus, PowerFlex 4, 40, 70, 523, 525 and 527 AC drives, Kinetix 5500, 6000 and 6500 servo drives.
- Experienced working with the following Rockwell Automation software: RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000 Logix Designer, PanelBuilder 32, FactoryTalk View Studio, RSLinx.
- Know industry standards like OSHA, NFPA 70, NFPA 79, UL508 A
Since you will be working closely with customers onsite and across the Americas your Personal Qualifications also need to include the ability to:
- Genuine interest in customer service with a focus on quality.
- Work under pressure and solve issues independently
- Be resourceful and creative in developing solutions to on-site problems
- Be responsive to customer needs and the ability to maintain positive customer relationships
- Strong organizational skills and a proactive approach
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
This is truly a great chance to work in a market leading, and very international company – A great career opportunity for a talented person who wants to take his/her career to the next level. Come to join the GRAM-family!
Contact Anna-Louise Plougmand for further information, firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 832-314-1658