Our client, Kongsberg Discovery, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, seeks an Export Control and Security Manager to ensure compliance with local and international export regulations and that sites comply with security requirements defined in export regulations and Kongsberg procedures.
This is a great opportunity to join a global technology company “that believes in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance in extreme conditions. They do that through excellent products and services developed to provide the greatest benefits to their customers.” Headquartered in Horten, Norway, Kongsberg provides innovative and reliable solutions for all marine industry sectors, including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Kongsberg Discovery is a market leader in positioning, surveying, and navigation systems. There has never been a more exciting time to work for the Kongsberg Discovery Lynnwood office than right now. With Kongsberg Discovery, you will be at the forefront of enabling the business to achieve its objectives through the Export Control & Security Manager role. Kongsberg Discovery is determined to provide customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation on and under the sea. Watch this video and visit the Kongsberg website for inspiration and more info.
About the Position
As Export Control & Security Manager, you will ensure compliance with local and international export regulations, including sanctions, and ensure that sites comply with security requirements defined in export regulations and Kongsberg procedures. To be successful in this role, you must be great at stakeholder management and very comfortable working and collaborating cross-divisionally with an international team. You will implement and guide customers and management on security issues such as security education, insider threats, classified document control, security investigations, classification control, and personnel clearances. Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee export control compliance within the Americas region, ensuring offices follow global and local export laws and international sanctions.
- With Engineering support, conduct jurisdiction and classification analysis of products (against USML/CCL/Schedule B/HTS/Country of Origin).
- Manage process for export control; building, implementing, and maintaining operations.
- Draft licenses and agreements. Manage export authorizations, providing reports and notifications to the U.S. government as necessary.
- Interpret International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administrations. Regulations (EAR) and Sanctions administered by The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Ensure American sites follow Kongsberg Discovery and Kongsberg Group security requirements.
- Review U.S. Government import and export regulations, corporate policies, and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Approve shipments and transfers following ITAR, EAR, and existing authorizations, including exemptions/exceptions.
- Conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
- Provide oversight and leadership of the following elements of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) for Kongsberg Discovery, Lynnwood office, DD254s, Collateral security requirements, Personnel and facility clearances, Training and briefings, Classification and markings, Administrative Inquiries, Safeguarding, Classified Visits & Meetings, Classified Subcontracting, COMSEC, and DoD Closed Areas (DCSA Form 147).
- Assess potential risks and threats that affect the business, budget, and Industrial Security program.
- Partner with program and functional leadership on Industrial Security matters directly affecting the Kongsberg Discovery, Lynnwood
What We Expect from You
Your Work Experience & Education:
- Must be a S. citizen and able to qualify for U.S. government clearance.
- Active U.S. Top-Secret Clearance is a plus. Otherwise, you must be able to obtain an active Top-Secret clearance and meet eligibility requirements for SCI access.
- 5+ years of experience managing and implementing security program requirements in a classified R&D environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Experience with S. government programs such as SNAP-R, ACE (AES), and DECC is preferred.
- Experience with screening programs and export licensing databases is preferred.
- Experience drafting and submitting export licenses and agreements, interpreting, and providing guidance on ITAR and EAR regulations for licensing commodities, technologies, and defense services.
- Experience conducting NISP Self-inspections of varying complexity is
- Established relationships with Department of Defense customers and DCSA
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification is preferred.
- FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities CU. Certification is preferred.
- Commitment to security – creating and delivering the highest value to
- Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations.
Your Skills, Traits, & Style:
- Self-motivated and highly collaborative with experience working in complex matrixed
- Highly collaborative experience in working in complex matrix
- Ability to travel as
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
What We Offer is More Than Just a Job…
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits for employees (discounted costs for family members) with an option of a high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture