Our client manufactures well-designed commercial fenestration solutions and residential vinyl windows and doors for dealers, homebuilders, specifiers, architects and commercial glaziers. They are the largest window manufacturer in the world today and have their USA headquarters as well as 2 local manufacturing locations in the State of Georgia. The company offers and excellent culture of team-work and opportunities for further development.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Estimator with a passion for analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare estimates for products, projects and services. Do you have experience in preparing the Scope of Work and quotations for the Commercial/Architectural/Construction Industry, then we are interested in speaking to you!
Summary of things that are key to this position:
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and estimates for products or projects
- Review architectural plans and specifications for the work to be quoted
- Check and verify with the application engineer the performance and structural requirements of the project if necessary
- Prepare the necessary material take-offs by quantities and type for proper pricing
- Prepare the Scope of Work to be sent to the customers with quotation
- Obtain vendor(s) quotations for items made by other manufacturers
- Prepare the estimate for the work to be bid using cost data and/or price list
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
- A-brand company with global presence;
- High quality products and services;
- A unique company culture;
- Be part of a Team of four experienced Estimators;
- Competitive pay and benefits;
- Base location: Coppell office.
Candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience/knowledge in computer-aided drafting
- Experience with working with estimating software
- Blueprint reading experience is required
- Microsoft office important
- Quality – conscious, oriented to excellence
- Experience in Construction and building products is a strong plus;
- Must be able to work independently and be self-starting;
- Problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Solid administrative reporting skills;
Qualified and motivated candidates are welcome to apply. If you are an ambitious professional with a strong background in preparing estimates, we look forward to speaking to you soon.